Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Thirty Seconds To Mars – “One Track Mind”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 23, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. macbethfan

Trusted Supporter

Sooooo..... yeah, I’ve officially given up on this “band”.

I used to think Jared Leto was this unstoppable force in entertainment. He could act. He could sing. The man could do no wrong in my book. Then 30STM slowly starting becoming a pop band, which there’s nothing wrong with that, just as long as the music is good, which it isn’t. Then Leto made the questionable choice to play the Joker. Don’t get me wrong, he’s a great actor and he might win some more awards one day, but his Joker was awful. Oh well. ‍

Stevangelion likes this.
  3. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

I didn't mind this.

4. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

I mean...I like 30STM but they've kind of been an empty vessel ever since This Is War. Also, their live show has just become this horrific display of ego that's truly turned me off.

macbethfan likes this.
  5. somethingwitty

Trusted

What in the actual fuck is this? What happened to this band?

Their guitarist just left for "personal reasons" and they're playing their Euro tour with just Jared and Shannon on stage and the rest is backing tracks. Jared isnt even playing guitar live anymore.

Also, what is with this band keeping their headlining sets to 60 mins...every tour they've ever done has been a 10-13 song set with minimal production.

They finally get a pretty sick looking production for their Euro tour and they're still playing 10-13 songs per night. I wondered why their US summer tour has 3 openers in each city, yet starts at 7pm...looks like it'll be another short set.

6. shawnhyphenray

Regular

wow. I actually liked the first two songs, but this one I really dislike. And the new album art is...different.

7. Stevangelion

We Can (Not) Make It Alone.

Wait their guitarist or touring guitarist was/Is Steve from Monty Are I… is he not in the band anymore? He is more talented than every member of that band put together musically and he gets shoved to backing band. While it’s awesome to still see him in music it breaks my heart that Monty Are I is gone and he doesn’t release music anymore….

8. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

Leto's creepy and wrote a song about how creepy he is

got it

9. Ska Senanake

Trusted

You may enjoy this:

macbethfan likes this.
  10. Vs.

Regular

Saw this band in 2006 at 97x's Next Big Thing without really knowing much about them and they unexpectedly blew me away. I listened to A Beautiful Lie pretty regularly for 3-4 years in that time period. The music they've made since sounds too polished and generic to me. Disappointed.