Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Third Eye Blind Band • Page 70

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Snewt, Mar 8, 2016.

1. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Where's the summer tour announcemennnnnnnnnt

Mr. Serotonin and Jason Tolpin like this.
  2. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

3. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

I just want more songs.

4. paythetab

Chorus.FM Album Reviewer (Adam Grundy) Supporter

I haven't seen anything announced yet formally from the band yet, but Third Eye Blind - Unplugged has a listing on Amazon now. Looks like CD/Digital hits on July 15th while vinyl comes out on December 16th. Here's the new listing: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09ZJ6DTDL/?tag=absolutepunk-20

5. elphshelf

100% made of farts Supporter

6. paythetab

Chorus.FM Album Reviewer (Adam Grundy) Supporter

I think this is just the acoustic record SJ hinted at in an interview a few weeks back. Nothing on the artwork makes me think it's associated with MTV. Might help with people randomly searching for Unplugged albums tho! haha

7. abw123

Trusted

I am intrigued

8. ChampsMusic

Instagram.com/ChampsMusic

This new acoustic album is actually very good. I was not expecting much.

brentkid, paythetab and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  9. Mr. Serotonin

Yeah I’m likin it. Good choices too

ChampsMusic likes this.
  10. GEM37

She haunts the roads

If any of you are able to make it out to 3EB's tour this summer, I strongly recommend it. Caught the first two shows of the tour - as someone who's seen this band live a bunch of times, I think this is the best they've ever been. Great playing, lots of deep cuts, and Stephan's ditched a lot of the gimmicky banter he's done for the last several years. Great stuff if you're a hardcore fan.

11. Mr. Serotonin

My brother is seeing them at red rocks tonight. Sending him this post for extra hype

GEM37 and irthesteve like this.
  12. joelmole

any chance we could get a re-up on the unreleased stuff? Specifically anything from Symphony of Decay or Ursa Minor? Spinning Second Born on Unplugged has got me nostalgic. Thanks in advance

13. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I actually JUST downloaded the Ursa Minor Demos, you can DM me for that collection if you want. I have 3 tracks listed as Symphony demos (Animal Instrumental, My Time In Exile alternate version and Knife In The Water Instrumental) but I haven't dug in deeper to find all those demos

joelmole likes this.
  14. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

How many songs in the Ursa Minor demos?

15. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I have 7 demos and one live cut, varying audio quality

16. musicfan10

Trusted

Crystal baller =. 10/10

17. MrAirplane

Trusted

Very casual fan (only really know the greatest hits album) but I saw them this weekend and was amazed by how good they sounded, especially the vocals. Definitely going to check out all of their albums now. Also the quality of their performance really emphasized just how bad Taking Back Sunday was.

18. elphshelf

100% made of farts Supporter

Stephen has taken great care of his voice. It’s hard to believe he’s close to 60.

19. MatthewDuke

Regular Supporter

Anybody here seen what TEB has in terms of merch for the tour? Going to see them Wednesday for the first time! I hope they play God of Wine.

20. Mr. Serotonin

Damn, that’s a shame TBS didn’t perform well. They’re usually solid as fuck from what I’ve seen. Everyone has off days though.

glad 3eb crushed

21. Atticus5143

Trusted

Ftfy

22. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Oh wow - I’ve seen TBS a ton and I don’t think I’ve ever enjoyed them live lol Adam has always struggled for me.

JamesMichael likes this.
  23. GEM37

She haunts the roads

How well attended was the show you went to? There was a whole dogpile in the Tour Prediction thread about how apparently it's not selling super well and everybody took turns shitting on the band. I attended the first two shows of the tour in Portland and Seattle and if they weren't sold out they were very close to it. (Wouldn't be surprised if they sell a lot of Groupon tix the week before these shows.)

Also, I though TBS were okay but a lot other attendees were complaining about them. I've seen them live before and yeah, I think they're just a tough fit for a 3EB kind of show, especially since Adam's started doing this whole Revival Preacher stage persona. They definitely struggled with crowd engagement on a lot of their songs. 3EB did a tour several years ago with Dashboard Confessional which seemed like a much better fit, but I guess you can't tour the same two bands every summer, lol

Glad you're diving into the rest of their catalogue, you're in for some good shit!

MrAirplane likes this.
  24. MrAirplane

Trusted

I believe the pavilion was at least 90% sold and the lawn was maybe 60-75% although it's difficult to say because it was my first time ever being on the lawn so I'm not sure just how full it can get. I certainly wouldn't say it sold poorly.

TBS was okay musically, Adam just brought the whole thing down significantly. The weird persona between songs and skipping lyrics to mime them felt embarrassing. A lot of people were really into it and singing along and I still liked seeing some old favorite songs but his persona really took me out of it. It felt like watching a local concert in the park compared to TEB's well-produced and rehearsed performance. I'll definitely try to catch TEB again in the future but TBS not so much

I believe Counting Crows and Matchbox Twenty have done a few tours together so they could probably repeat a tour with Dashboard if the previous one sold well.

25. It'saDoneDeal

Vibing

I was doing some rearranging and came across an old burned DVD of the full 9/2/2000 House of Blues Las Vegas show. This was just a fantastic set and performance of the band at its best IMO. Just uploaded it to Youtube. Brings back a lot of good memories.