Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Third Eye Blind Band • Page 48

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Snewt, Mar 8, 2016.

1. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

I BREATHE BY YOUR LOOKS AND YOU LOOK RIGHT THROUGH ME

2. Maverick

Trusted

Oh fucking hell yes, two of my absolute favorite bands in one night take my hard earned money take it!!

Larry David and SlappinCups like this.
  3. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

It wasn’t really a “site”, just some words @Larry David scribbled down on an index card and wrote his deepest desires under

4. Rob Hughes

Play the Yakuza series

I listened to OOTV again today and my favourites are: Faster, Blinded, Danger (this one is an absolute BANGER), My Hit and Run and Palm Reader. Great album

5. SlappinCups

Hurley apologist Prestigious

you thinkin' they were erotic in nature?

Larry David and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  6. SlappinCups

yes yes and yes!

Larry David and Rob Hughes like this.
  7. Rob Hughes

Play the Yakuza series

I think Danger is my fave. That bridge and outro is godly

8. SlappinCups

Yeah it's got so much energy.

9. Mr. Serotonin

10. Mr. Serotonin

I’d tattoo blinded lyrics on my ta*** dude. Such a good song

11. Rob Hughes

Play the Yakuza series

It’s like an actually really good pop punk song lmao

12. Rob Hughes

Play the Yakuza series

It’s 3am over here so I have no idea what ur censoring there my b

13. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

“danger” is my favorite song on ootv too

it kicks absolute ass

14. SlappinCups

[​IMG]

15. Rob Hughes

Play the Yakuza series

We never use that word over here srry

16. Mr. Serotonin

Danger as a “favourite” is absolutely stunning to me. But power to ya. And power to 3eb.

17. Rob Hughes

Play the Yakuza series

It’s great because most of the album is mid tempo (not that it’s a bad thing) and it just gives you a bit of a jolt when ya hear it. Also Stephen just sings it so emphatically that it rules hard

18. GEM37

She haunts the roads

I am stunned that you would find it stunning for someone to be stunned by “Danger.” That and “Company” are the fuckin’ hard chargers of the record right there.

:musicnote:I USED TO BE A DISSIDENT CITIZEN!!:musical:

19. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Listened to Out of the Vein today, and man, that album is still so great. Just ridiculously catchy songs paired with, in many cases, crushing lyrics. Jenkins has always been so good at that.

Here's what I wrote about the album when I ranked my favorite 2000s records last year:

The best Third Eye Blind album will always be their self-titled debut. It’s the only one that had the alchemy of a functional Stephan Jenkins/Kevin Cadogan partnership (the two were on the outs for much of the recording of the follow-up, 1999’s Blue) and the only one where the album tracks were better than the singles. Out of the Vein, though, came close. Released in 2003, this record followed Jenkins’ breakup with girlfriend Charlize Theron. The result is an aching set of songs that tries to hide its scars behind big, poppy hooks and wry, tongue-in-cheek lyricism. Strip the songs back to their words, though, and Out of the Vein is a sad and wounded record. It captures a singular moment after a breakup, where it hasn’t really been long enough for you to look back on the relationship with any sort of perspective. Instead, Out of the Vein is about those moments post-breakup when you forget, for a moment, that you’re no longer romantically involved. Case-in-point is “Blinded,” an incredible and nuanced song where the protagonist lets himself into an ex’s apartment and spies on her through the shower glass, yearning for a moment for things to be like they used to be. The song could easily be played as a stalker anthem, but it comes across as something deeper: a treatise on the human nature behind failed relationships and the bold, foolish drive to challenge it. It sets up the album’s themes beautifully: of trying save something that’s already gone—and of slowly, painfully coming to terms with the fact that it can’t be rebuilt.

20. vidiviciveni

Trusted

I wonder how with all the connections Jenkins must have made over the years that Kimya Dawson is their go-to female guest vocalist, she just seems like an odd fit

Sort of related, I loved this song from the minute I heard it and it completely made sense once I found out Jenkins co-wrote it

Larry David likes this.
  21. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

That whole album (Harmonium) is really great. it has 4 Jenkins co-writes on it. He has 5 co-writes on the album after it (Heroes & Theives) also. Which is ALSO a great album. She's a super underrated artist TBH

Larry David likes this.
  22. bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

What a fantastic tour lineup. There are two shows near me, but I might not be home for the closer one (45 minutes away) due to 4th of July weekend plans, and the other one two days earlier on the 3rd is only two hours away.

Larry David likes this.
  23. DesolateEarth Jan 25, 2019
    (Last edited: Jan 25, 2019)
    DesolateEarth

Birb

"Faster" through "misfits" is a flawless run on OOTV imo.

(though really every song except for Self Righteous is fantastic on it. )

24. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

SlappinCups and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  25. Mr. Serotonin

SlappinCups and Larry David like this.