Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Third Eye Blind Band • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Snewt, Mar 8, 2016.

1. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

Quintessential summer night song.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  2. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Still a staunch supporter of Out of the Vein. Then again, I love all their stuff and I wish they weren't touring in Spokane only this month. Don't have it in me to make that drive.

bd007h and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  3. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

First off, shoutout to @Zac Djamoos for getting me into this band

Second, their first 3 records are perfect pop rock/alt rock and I listen to them a lot.

Third, "Narcolepsy" is my favorite 3EB song. Love the tempo shifts in it.

4. bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

I love the ending to Narcolepsy.

5. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Ironically, I used to wake up to Narcolepsy. Had it as my alarm in the morning.

ChrisCantWrite and bd007h like this.
  6. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

@Mr. Serotonin I've dabbled with Blue a little bit. Really like 1,000 Julys. Not really diggin' the higher pitched, screechy vocals that are in The Red Summer Sun (and some other tracks, I think). Maybe I'll come around to that over time.

7. bd007h Apr 20, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 20, 2016)
    bd007h

Years ago I "rearranged" Blue the way it should have been, with the full version of Slow Motion between Farther and Darkness, Darwin as the closer, and The Red Summer Sun complete with the epic guitar solo that was cut and placed as a bonus track to spite original guitarist Kevin Cadogan who was kicked out of the band. Someone on a Third Eye Blind fan page years ago spliced the solo into the end of the song flawlessly and it actually flows perfectly into the beginning of Camouflage.

8. bd007h

It's the only way I listen to the album now.

9. Mr. Serotonin

The only ones I'm not totally in love with are "Anything, "Red Summer Sun", and "Camouflage". Those are okay, but I listen to the others constantly. "Farther" was actually my most played song on Spotify last year. Feel good break up song, :crylaugh:

10. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

Where is this version of Darwin you speak of? I'd like to try the album out that way.

11. muttley

I'm not familiar with the titles yet, but I played the album a couple times this morning and liked a lot of it. I'll post again later with the specific songs. I know the one after 1000 Julys stuck out.

bd007h likes this.
  12. elphshelf

100% made of farts Supporter

"The Background" still guts me every time I hear it. Such a devastating song.

bd007h and SlappinCups like this.
  13. bd007h

You mean Slow Motion? It's with the full lyrics that were cut from the album but fearured on the greatest hits album.

14. bd007h

"the plans I made still have you in them" is a brilliant line

15. bd007h

Farther is such an underrated track of theirs.

16. bd007h Apr 21, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 21, 2016)
    bd007h

The original pressing of Blue had Slow Motion at track 11 that featured only the chorus (because Elektra rose a stunk about the lyrics), Darkness at 12, and Darwin at 13. The second pressing (which is what I had back when I bought it in 2000) featured Slow Motion as merely an instrumental and moved it to track 13, Darkness to 11, and Darwin to 12.

The way I have it is so the full version of Slow Motion with all the lyrics/vocals is back at track 11 after Farther, followed by Darkness at 12 and Darwin at 13 as the closer (without the guitar solo that was cut from The Red Summer Sun as a bonus track), with the full version of The Red Summer Sun WITH the guitar solo still at track 8, which flows perfectly into the intro of Camouflage.

[​IMG]

17. muttley

@Mr. Serotonin Yeah, I think you nailed it with those three. Sounds about right for me. Red Summer Sun is great for the first 2 minutes and then it goes to shit haha.

18. bd007h

The Red Summer Sun really grew on me after I started listening to the full version with the guitar solo haha

19. muttley

I'm not giving up on it just yet. But damn.

20. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

Oops, I meant Red Summer Sun.

21. bd007h

Check your PMs

Anyone else who wants the "full" version of the song with the guitar solo, feel free to PM Me

22. bd007h

The first time I heard how well it flowed into Camouflage WITH the guitar solo I was in awe. Even better than just the fade out at the 5:25 mark.

23. 3EB is one of those bands I can pretty much always listen to, at any given time of day or mood I'm in. Still cannot get into Dopamine at all, but their other four records are fantastic. Always jump between OOTV and UM for my favorites though.

24. Mr. Serotonin

You should give Dopamine another chance. It's great. @trevorshmevor

bd007h and Snewt like this.
  25. @Mr. Serotonin yeah I probably will at some point, haven't listened to it much at all since it came out because I was so disappointed with it. Kinda blows my mind a bit because I know it was very popular amongst other fans. Just can't quite put my finger on what it is that makes me dislike it. I do remember going back to the title track a few times though.