Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Third Eye Blind Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Snewt, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Whatever the first song that was released is the one I like the most. I remember really liking that song and then having to work to get through the actual record. Maybe I was just in a different place then, but I will have to run through that record again.

2. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

"Water Landing" is one of their very best songs. That line about the "muffled I-love-you through an oxygen mask" is one of those devastating details I mentioned yesterday. Ursa Major is a very strong record. I love all of their stuff. Blue is probably the one that least lines up with my tastes, but my favorite songs on that record are some of my favorite songs period.

stnewton and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  3. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

"At the speed of whiplash, life passes by
    In an endless plane crash
    Muffled I love you through an oxygen mask
    On my face, brace, brace
    And the cabin erupts with religious conversions
    God's sick joke as we lose the engines
    Some people scream and some people go out gracious.
    And the reason's the same
    Cause the sky outside is so spacious,
    So spacious."

Fucking brilliant.

4. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

I never got Blue until maybe 5 years ago. It came out when I was in middle school and I just never got around to getting to go to Circuit City or WalMart to buy the CD. I haven't put the time into that one like I should have. Same kinda goes for Ursa Major. I wasn't in a 3EB mood when it came out so I never sought it out. Only recently licensed to the full thing maybe 2 years ago.

5. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Out of the Vein was my favorite for a very, very long time. But somewhere in the last 5 years or so, Blue reigned supreme. I really love them all, but Dopamine still hasn't really hit me like the others

6. Mr. Serotonin

I think Dopamine is great, it's just different. "Shipboard Cook" is one of their best songs in general, I think.

bd007h likes this.
  7. irthesteve

The production on Dopamine is just a bit... off to me, and there are 2 songs specifically where Stephen can't hit his vocals and it kinda takes me out of it sadly. Still love a ton about that album though

8. Mr. Serotonin

Which songs?

9. irthesteve

chorus of All The Souls is the most obvious, hard for me to listen to that song. Back to Zero he also can't quite his the ZERO, I forget off the top of my head where else, but he just can't hit the notes like he used to

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  10. Mr. Serotonin

Haha, damn. I knew you were gonna say All the Souls, but at the same time, I think he sounds great on it.

bd007h likes this.
  11. irthesteve

YOU AND I CAN'T GIVE IT UP nowwwmeo tmak'lme
    'gasdfbhfzd

12. Mr. Serotonin

Lol

13. Craig Manning

I think he sounds fine on the record. Live, though, he can't really do those high notes anymore.

Mr. Serotonin and cshadows2887 like this.
  14. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

This is 100% on target

15. Craig Manning

The worst is "Never Let You Go." They should probably just retire that song at this point.

Michael Schmidt and cshadows2887 like this.
  16. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

I had less of a problem with that than with him not playing guitar on half the songs so they sounded crazy-thin

17. Craig Manning

Yeah, that was annoying. The night I saw them last year I was also just in a bad mood because I got stuck in accident traffic on the way and missed Matt Nathanson as the opener.

18. Snewt

Does whatever a spider can. Prestigious

I've been listening to a lot of Dopamine this week and I just love the heck out of the slow build on "Something in You".

bd007h and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  19. Craig Manning

"Something in You" is a very, very good song.

bd007h and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  20. Mr. Serotonin

Yeah that song is amazing. Starts out so pretty and then I'm jumpin around by the end.

I think I've been lucky when seeing them live cause he sounded great both times. They were also just 1 off dates, and he wasn't on a really long tour at the time.

21. Mr. Serotonin

What would you guys say like a good 5 introductory songs would be for someone who's never heard Third Eye Blind? I know, it's hard for me to believe someone could've avoided hearing them, but apparently some people have...

22. irthesteve

The obvious answer is to play the singles to job their memory, but if you want a 5 song intro EP, I would say....

1. Anything
    2. Palm Reader
    3. Bonfire
    4. Wounded
    5. God of Wine

or something, honestly it's impossible. But that's my HOT TAKE

23. Mr. Serotonin

Interesting! I would've never thought to include "anything". I rarely listen to that song for some reason.

24. irthesteve

I just think it's such a great, balls to the wall, opening to the record and would be a fun upbeat start to an intro

25. Mr. Serotonin

Yeah that makes sense. I think I would have to include "Blinded" somewhere in the mix.

Also, does anyone else love Exiles from the new record as much as I do?

bd007h likes this.