Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Third Eye Blind to Release New EP in October • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Davjs

Trusted

I would rope 3EB in more with the likes of Matchbox and the Goo Goo Dolls than I would Sugar Ray and Everclear. Like SayHello said above, more rabid and loyal fanbase.

aniafc, Luroda and SayHello like this.
  2. michaelvalerijr

Pressure's mountin' but I don't Everest

I really think it comes down to 3eb's cult status. It has that cult status because Of Jenkins' lyrics. If you dig past the hits, 3eb has the staying power that the other bands lack because of the deep connections people have to his words.

aniafc and SayHello like this.
  3. Jackbo487

Regular

I interviewed Mark McGrath like two years ago. Very candid dude, great chat, but you can definitely get the vibe of "okay this isn't really a thing anymore" when he talks about Sugar Ray since it was 20+ years ago and he became the singular frontman kind of figure as they went on.

Plus, the most recent Sugar Ray CD was called 'Music for Cougars' and was hideous. haha

SayHello likes this.
  4. aniafc

Trusted

I saw them two months ago playing a parking lot in Cleveland. Mark was funny, and seemed to embrace that they weren't a big band anymore. He introduced them as "we're Sugar Ray, we had a few hits in the 90's. You could say we're a 90's band." He actually referenced 3EB and said he goes him and his kids say "dad, I love your band third eye blind!" But overall, like you said, he seemed like a good dude. Very aware of what Sugar Ray is in 2016.