Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Third Eye Blind to Release New EP in October

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Third Eye Blind will release their new EP, We Are Drugs, on October 7th. Entertainment Weekly is reporting that the EP will have 7 songs and be released online, frontman Stephen Jenkins described the album:

“We also allowed ourselves freedom on We Are Drugs from any definitions or guidelines of what we were supposed to be. We just took joy in getting in a big room together and letting music happen and then chasing it around wherever it led us. It is one of the most freeing recording experiences I have had.”
    Track Listing

1. Company Of Strangers
    2. Queen Of Daydreams
    3. Don’t Give In
    4. Isn’t It Pretty
    5. Sherri
    6. Weightless
    7. Cop Vs. Phone Girl

2. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

They are my favorite band but that album cover is awful. Thankfully the song is fantastic! Sounds like it would have fit right in on Out of the Vein

3. This song is soooo good

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  4. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

Kewl band kewl song

5. spencpants

Can I pet your dog? Prestigious

I dig it.

6. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

This is fantastic.

7. Davjs

Trusted

Props for the message but I can't see me ever wanting to hear this again. Glad people are still into them though!

8. TerpsBaseball26

Wow, another great song from these guys. They've absolutely killed it over the past year.

9. fran.182

Regular Prestigious

Top tier 3EB. Love it.

Weird in a good way to get new music from them so quickly. Also, there's no way in hell I was expecting a seven tracks EP!

10. kpatrickwood

Give what you can.

Well that first song sure is a rockin' good tune.

11. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

Very cool

12. Loki

God of mischief

Excited for new music but bummed about no physical release...

13. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Same, I was thinkin' 3.

14. kpatrickwood

Give what you can.

That's just how super rich people put their contacts in.

Essie likes this.
  15. SayHello

Regular

This band is having a remarkable comeback / return to form. Dopamine was fantastic and this only builds on it. Love everything happening on this track.

16. Jackbo487

Regular

wow I dig this so much more than the Cop vs. Phone Girl song.

And yup, after SO MUCH downtime and confusion with this band's career it's great to see them so active again.

17. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

What a knockout tune.

18. Fuckkmerunning

They've always been one of my favorite bands. They fell off for a bit but they are coming back so hard I'm digging it!

Jason Tate and ramomcferno like this.
  19. aniafc

Trusted

I was lucky enough to interview them last year and they seem to be more humbled than ever. Seem to be very aware that they're, I don't know if this is the right word, "lucky" to have came back the way they have. Like, a few years ago they played a 1700 cap venue here and I'm not sure if it fully sold out or not.

This is a bad comparison, but think of like, a band like Sugar Ray. Also huge in the 90's and now they've just faded away and resort to doing basically one tour a year over the summer. Do you think people would care for a new Sugar Ray album in 2016?

20. honkytonk

Narcissism on narcotics

Stoked for more new 3EB, this song is awesome!

21. Luroda

Consistently Lurking

Sounds great!

22. GetUpAndrew

Constant horror and bone-deep dissatisfaction.

New Third Eye Blind music is always good news.

Mr. Serotonin and Fuckkmerunning like this.
  23. Jackbo487

Regular

Good point re: Sugar Ray, and I'd add Everclear into that mix. I wonder how many folks know Everclear had a new album out like a year ago and tour throughout the year including that summer jaunt with Sugar Ray - but nothing they do these days seems to catch on like what 3EB is doing - though Art isn't out there with politically-charged songs and rants, though. That probably helps ;)

24. aniafc

Trusted

I think 3EB were still bigger than those bands in the 90's (I was born in 94 so I might be entirely wrong on this, so correct me if so) and Stephan Jenkins seemed to be more out there grabbing everyone's attention.

Also, I'm sure you're right that them being political and giving their statements on things definitely helps. Finally, I'm not sure that there's a market nowadays for a Sugar Ray song with their musical vibe, whereas there's always a market for a good alt-rock song like 3EB can seemingly produce.

25. SayHello Sep 9, 2016
    (Last edited: Sep 9, 2016)
    SayHello

Regular

Absolutely no one would care about a new Sugar Ray album. They were okay for a few minutes back in their day, but their lasting value is essentially nil. Third Eye Blind was much, much bigger than that band and had a much more rabid fanbase - their songs have also aged well and continue to be played on radio stations across the country.