Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Third Eye Blind/Silversun Pickups - The Summer Gods Tour Tour

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by m32137, Jan 17, 2017.

1. m32137

Regular

The full dates possibly coming tomorrow?

7/12 - Rogers, AR - Walmart AMP
    7/22 - Las Vegas, NV - The Joint @ Hard Rock

2. MegT585

Trusted

I think full dates will definitely be tomorrow. Third Eye Blind have been having a countdown on their facebook that ends tomorrow. Should be a 20 year anniversary tour.

3. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

Really odd tour but something I'd love to go to!

4. estacey99

Oh yeah, oh yeah, everything is terrible.

I had no idea how much I need this until I saw it

5. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Something kinda gross about playing the S/T record on an anniversary tour without Kevin Cadogan, but that ship has long, long sailed. Too bad.

6. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

Has it been confirmed that this is a 20th anniversary? And, yeah, that would be a new low for Stephan Jenkins even surpassing that terrible movie he was in, The Art Of Revenge.

7. TMS2787

Trusted

Is Stephan Jenkins the biggest douche of all-time or the biggest douche of all-time?

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  8. corkie615

Cadogen has been playing S/T with other ex-3eb members (XEB) for the past 6 months. I think both parties will be alright.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  9. cricketandclover Jan 17, 2017
    (Last edited: Jan 17, 2017)
    cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Understood. That's fair, but I think Cadogan is far more respectful of Jenkins' contributions to the songs than Stephan will ever be to what Kevin brought to the first two records. Jenkins likes to think he's a genius, but there was something magical about Cadogan's guitar parts on S/T and Blue that's been really lacking ever since.

10. corkie615

There are some things we can agree on, that's for sure. I'm still a VERY big fan of the band, but Cadogan was special. Very special. Seriously though, check out XEB if you haven't yet! It's Kevin, Arion and Tony. :)

11. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

I think Michael Urbano, who played drums on about a third of S/T, is also playing with them.

There's a rad guitar podcast Kevin was on like last year where he talks about a ton of guitar stuff, his crazy tunings and the early days of the band. Really interesting listen: No Guitar Is Safe by Guitar Player Magazine on iTunes

12. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

YES PLEASE

13. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

This is awesome! The S/T is my second favorite record of all-time so this will be amazing. Silversun Pickups is fantastic too.

14. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

[​IMG]

15. Behind the Barricade

Wow amphitheaters! I should've seen that coming since both bands play essentially the same venues already...might as well go bigger!

16. MegT585

Trusted

17. estacey99

Oh yeah, oh yeah, everything is terrible.

Echo Beach June 28 I already can't wait

18. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I think he's the only person multiple people have told me is a douchebag so yeah

19. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Monster douche

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  20. Behind the Barricade

It's hard to think of a bigger douche. Maybe Alec Baldwin?

21. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

curious what the baltimore tbd means, not interested in this show but curious if it's a new venue or a concert series or something, or they just don't know what it is yet lol

22. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Only thing I could think of would be Pier Six, which is such a garbage venue. Or they're putting it at Power Plant.

23. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

yeah that was my assumption. doesn't really fit anywhere else in the city tbh.
    surprised this isn't a merriweather show

24. m32137

Regular

Wondering what the Jax venue could be. There's the park where Rockville and other fests are held and the only other outdoor venues I can think of is Everbank and the baseball field.

25. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

This falls right around the same time as my 3 year anniversary and this is a top 5 album for my girlfriend so this is a perfect gift!

Mr. Serotonin and muttley like this.