Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Third Eye Blind - Screamer (October 18, 2019) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by SlappinCups, Jul 24, 2019.

1. DesolateEarth

Birb

Thanks for reminding me that I need to run through their first 3 albums again before summer ends thread.

Mr. Serotonin and SlappinCups like this.
  2. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Blue is still the weakest of the first three for me by a pretty wide margin, but I like it a lot more than I used to.

Leftandleaving and trevorshmevor like this.
  3. bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

Blue is best if you have the full version of The Red Summer Sun with Kevin's closing guitar solo still in tact, which actually flows perfectly in to Camouflage, as well as the unedited version of Slow Motion placed at track 11 between Further and Darkness.

SlappinCups likes this.
  4. bd007h

I like Dopamine much better than Ursa Major, personally

5. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I feel like you are on a personal vendetta against me these last few days!

Craig Manning and SlappinCups like this.
  6. SlappinCups

Hurley apologist Prestigious

You must be the user who sent me that when chorus first started. It rules!

7. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Don’t care much for blue unfortunately. Probably my least favorite after ursa major

8. SlappinCups

W o w

9. bd007h

Yup that was me haha. A few others PMed me for it as well. It floated around the 3eb.co.uk forums a decade or so ago :thumbup:

SlappinCups likes this.
  10. bd007h

Out of the Vein =/> Self Titled > Blue > Dopamine > Ursa Major

11. Supernova Jul 25, 2019
    (Last edited: Jul 26, 2019)
    Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

I did end up spinning Dopamine and Blue today. After Ode To Maybe my attention falls off a bit on Blue and I don't want to be like that. I may try the back half again tomorrow. My brother took me out to buy 3EB way back in '97, but for some reason I skipped over Blue aside from the singles. I did go out and buy Out of The Vein when it came out and liked it. I had a car at that point and could cruise to some Out of The Vein for sure that summer. I oddly remember listening to that album on a rainy summer day, but the rain had stopped and it was sunny, and I was waiting on vacation Bible School to start because I was helping with the kids or something. I never had Red Star or Ursa, but came back to them on an album release on Dopamine. Even with 3EB, I didn't appreciate or fall in love with some of the songs until much later in life. Songs like London, Graduate, Semi, Thanks a Lot, Jumper, Good For You, really did it for me when I was in 5th/6th grade. But I Want You, Motorcycle, God of Wine, Background didn't.... I guess that understandable at that age.

12. thegreatbenbino

Be excellent to each other! Supporter

Motorcycle Drive By has been my favorite song since I was 8 years old and probably always will be.

13. Horrorca

Trusted

I can’t imagine thinking Blue is not their best, let alone thinking it’s their weakest

14. bd007h

It's a small step behind Self Titled and OOTV for me, but still better than Dopamine and Ursa Major (their weakest imo)

15. thegreatbenbino

Be excellent to each other! Supporter

So is We Are Drugs considered an EP? I always felt like it fell in that weird range where it’s too long to be an EP but not long enough to be an album. And it just kind of dropped and didn’t get much press. I love it, though.

16. Craig Manning

[​IMG]

It's not stacked with classics like self-titled is, and I don't think it's as start-to-finish solid as Out of the Vein. Probably third for me in their discography, depending on the day.

17. irthesteve

ANYTHING, WOUNDED, 10 DAYS LATE, NEVER LET YOU GO, DEEP INSIDE OF YOU, 1000 JULYS, AN ODE TO MAYBE, THE RED SUMMER SUN, CAMOUFLAGE, FARTHER, SLOW MOTION, DARKNESS AND DARWIN ARE CLASSICS

18. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Yeah usually considered an ep

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  19. Craig Manning

And yet, none of those songs are called “Motorcycle Drive-By.”

20. irthesteve

Yeah but neither are the rest of the songs on s/t

bradsonemanband and bd007h like this.
  21. Craig Manning

Yeah, but I’ll take the first six songs on S/T and the last three songs ahead of everything on Blue, save for “Wounded” and “Deep Inside of You.”

22. DesolateEarth

Birb

Imagine thinking the album with Wounded, Red Summer Sun, 1000 Julys, 10 Days Late, and Never Let You Go is weak.

bd007h, irthesteve and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  23. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

The new song Screamer is still dope

bd007h and SlappinCups like this.
  24. SlappinCups

Can anyone make out the lyrics? I keep hearing “go karts” lol

25. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Seeing them play “Wounded” on this tour was so awesome, even though JEW playing “23” stole the show for me.