Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Third Eye Blind - Screamer (October 18, 2019) Album • Page 14

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by SlappinCups, Jul 24, 2019.

1. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

one of the weird things about this record is that "walk like kings" sounds amazing in sequence

2. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

First half is strong, but it started to lose my attention toward the end. “2x Tigers” isn’t as bad as I anticipated, but it still sucks. I’ll keep giving the album a shot, see if it clicks, but fucking hell... there are simply too many other better albums out right now! Sorry, Stephan!

3. leatherbags

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Stephan confirmed that Kids is about Greta Thunberg. I'm burning my CD when it gets here. :verysad:

4. Eh, was a bit bored by this. There’s nothing here I feel super strongly against (2X comes close), but none of it is standing out to me either. Familiarity will help I’m sure, but it’s tough to imagine I’ll care to reach for this for a 3EB fix when there’s so much better material on the table

smoke4thecaper likes this.
  5. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

you.... don't support Greta?

6. SlappinCups

Hurley apologist Prestigious

You're trippin if you don't thing The Kids is a banger

bd007h and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  7. leatherbags

8. irthesteve

Oh, you are the guy who posted the 2x tigers stuff and you only have 4 posts.

Troll accounts are so cool

vidiviciveni, bd007h and SpookinCups like this.
  9. SlappinCups

i'm with that guy, kids who are trying to make the world a better place can kick rocks

vidiviciveni, Orla, bd007h and 3 others like this.
  10. razorburn

Trusted

:sly:

Orla, Mr. Serotonin and SpookinCups like this.
  11. Lol imagine reading the lyrics to Kids and then suddenly feeling offended when you’re told they’re about Greta. The message would very clearly be the same either way

12. leatherbags

Yeah, eeeeveryone not agreeing with you is surely a troll. I've seen others on Reddit like 2x Tigers as well. It's a divider sure, but I happen to like it. As for Greta, I think she's being used for political reasons. You need only scratch the surface to see that.

13. leatherbags

I don't agree the message is the same.

14. SlappinCups

I don't even want to ask his opinion on the Parkland kids

15. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

dnftt

SpookinCups likes this.
  16. leatherbags

Don't worry! You can do so safely as I have no idea what you are referring to.

17. leatherbags

I can only assume you are trying to pin me for one. Is it THAT controversial to not believe in a kid who rebels against school, then takes a catamaran powered in part by a diesel engine to the US and then having the catamaran crew fly back to Europe?

18. Unsurprising. One more example of your expertise in performing mental gymnastics to get around the obvious reality that surrounds you

19. irthesteve

Please everyone, don't reply anymore to this user, don't feed it

trevorshmevor likes this.
  20. leatherbags

Judgmental. Nice.

21. leatherbags

It? Where are your manners?

22. SlappinCups

I Got So High is growing into my favorite (today anyway)

unbornwhiskey and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  23. irthesteve

Definitely one of my early standouts

Mr. Serotonin and SpookinCups like this.
  24. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

I love the lil vocal flourish on “and I’m drownnnin-inyouand” On Turn Me On haha. Reminds me of a melody he’d do on Why can’t you Be

25. irthesteve

I don't put stock into any reviews, but I DO find it super weird/strange and kinda funny that Pitchfork reviewed this album. AND they gave it a 6.9 which seems way higher than I would ever guess they would. The only other 3eb album they have ever reviewed is Thanks For Everything with a 4.0.