Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Third Eye Blind - Our Bande Apart (September 24th, 2021) Album • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by vidiviciveni, Jul 30, 2021.

1. vidiviciveni

Trusted

My only real beef is that it’s barely an album. Factor in the Sylvan Esso cover and it’s one song longer than the We Are Drugs EP, and it feels like as much of a stopgap between albums as that EP did

irthesteve likes this.
  2. bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

I'd give that to Screamer. That album may have a higher high (Tropic Scorpio), but this is more consistant. Dust Storm is a gem.

3. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Consistently booooriinnngg lol

4. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

Yeah, album is a snooze

5. Just listened to this for the first time. Put it on in the background while working and thought it was pretty pleasant. Not sure that's much of an endorsement, but I'm looking forward to giving it a more focused listen later.

6. KyleAtGalaxy

Regular

I think it's great.. EXCEPT for To the Sea. That song is not good.

bd007h likes this.
  7. thegreatbenbino

Be excellent to each other! Supporter

I'm actually enjoying this more than I thought I would. The length is perfect for the vibe. Just when I'm itching for an uptempo banger, the album ends and I can just put on whatever other 3EB song I'm feeling to get that fix. Definitely expect to find myself putting this on while I have my coffee outside on fall mornings.

bd007h likes this.
  8. bd007h

It's really not that good, but still not nearly as bad as 2X Tigers :crylaugh:

9. razorburn

Trusted

Let’s never speak of “2X Tigers” again.

bd007h likes this.
  10. prattsy

Regular

This!

This album is great to my ears and I definitely understand the Ursa 2nd half comparison. It's acoustic guitar/vocal driven with interesting instrumentation dispersed throughout.
    Screamer has such a strong first 5 songs and it falls off a cliff imo. This is 9 songs and even with one misstep, it's wonderfully cohesive and flies by. Really solid album and I'm considerably surprised

KyleAtGalaxy likes this.
  11. mintplusplus

Do You Remember?

The outro to Goodbye to the Days of Ladies and Gentleman sounds directly inspired by the National.

12. vidiviciveni

Trusted

I guess even the Sylvan Esso version of Funeral Singers is a cover, its originally by a band called Califone

13. Maverick

Trusted

14. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

Nice.

Maverick likes this.
  15. prattsy

Regular

“Box of Bones” sounds a bit too much like “Wounded,” “Silverlake Neophyte” like “Motorcycle Drive-By.”

...What?

16. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I definitely thought of motorcycle drive-by while listening.

17. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Box Of Bones sounds like.... Wounded?!??! what in the world

JamesMichael, bd007h and Slangster like this.
  18. It'saDoneDeal

Vibing

Silverlake Neophyte is like Motorcycle Drive By in... no wait, Motorcycle Drive By is one of the best songs of all-time and Silverlake Neophyte is an uninspired yawn-fest.

Shipboard Cook was the MDB rip-off.

Jusscali likes this.
  19. bd007h and Maverick like this.
  20. bd007h

bradsonemanband likes this.
  21. vidiviciveni

Trusted

I actually really like Silverlake Neophyte, in fact track 4-6 is a strong run to my ears

I really wish I liked Again. It’s just such a nothing song, two chords over and over with a barely memorable vocal line. I never know how tracks like that make it through the first draft, like is there no one in the room piping up to say “yo we got 8 songs and this ones boring as shit”

22. Jusscali

Yo we got 8 songs and they are all boring as shit lol

23. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

you're missing a track

24. Jusscali

25. mintplusplus

Do You Remember?

I don’t think this is their best stuff but I’ve found it loops from the last track back to the beginning of the album nicely, so I’ve been playing it a lot while working.

It’s kind of cool to hear them try some more restrained indie rock stuff without it being as literal of a cover as their Thanks for Everything EP. I’d take this mellow stuff over their electronic tinged stuff from the last record.

A part of me also wonders if Jenkins imagined he was making his Folklore and this is what he ended up with. Lol.