Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Third Eye Blind / Jimmy Eat World Summer 2019 Tour Tour • Page 9

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by Onlyadirector, Jan 25, 2019.

1. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Wow to both of those.

Makes me even more excited for tomorrow night.

SlappinCups likes this.
  2. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

After I looked at the set list for this tour, I said "I wish they'd trade out I Will Steal You Back for any other song, but I would lose my mind if they switched it out for 23." Wish granted! Even more excited about the show now.

Frenzyofdeceit and chewbacca110 like this.
  3. midnightxtaylor

Regular

Jimmy Eat World was great, as always. Managed to walk right up to the front a half hour before the show started, but the placed filled up pretty decently. I only knew three Third Eye Blind songs, but I still thought they put on a good show and I'm glad I stayed.

EddieDS and chewbacca110 like this.
  4. GEM37

She haunts the roads

As a Seattle exclusive, 3EB covered Joke tonight with the lead singer of Chastity Belt.

Cool!

5. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Just left and it was everything I wanted it to be. Every time I see JEW, it’s a religious experience. To be fair, I was the precisely right amount of stoned, but that only enhances the experience.

SlappinCups and chewbacca110 like this.
  6. kelseyleigh

Trusted Supporter

Anyone who has gone to a recent show have set times?

7. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Jimmy posts them every day on social, I believe.

chewbacca110 likes this.
  8. kelseyleigh

Trusted Supporter

9. RogrStahlback

Trusted Supporter

People are being evacuated from the Venue in Chicago due to sucky weather... Good thing i didn't go

10. atlas

Trusted

Chicago needs to can all outdoor shows for now, just nonstop garbage weather every single day

chewbacca110 likes this.
  11. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I went to The Rolling Stones last Friday and it was perfect weather for the show. Just a few sprinkles here and there but nothing bad at all.

I do agree that it’s a gamble with outdoor shows.

12. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

BACK ON!!!

Jew 915
    3EB 1015

Curfew extended to 1130

ALT/MSC/FAN likes this.
  13. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Going tomorrow, can't wait to lose my shit.

14. SPine

Trusted

I haven't seen set times on social media. Anyone know what time Jimmy Eat World has been getting on if it's a 7:00 show start?

15. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

7:45

SPine likes this.
  16. SPine

Trusted

Thanks, I needed to go back a few pages..

17. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Show was good on Friday! Jimmy was awesome and Third Eye Blind was their usual, dependable self. Don't know if I'd drop a lot for a good seat again, but I had a good time for sure.

SlappinCups likes this.
  18. Keagan Ilvonen

Dunno if it's been mentioned but both bands said their new albums will be out this fall at the show on Saturday.

19. J12

Trusted Supporter

I had a ton of fun in Portland on Saturday. Weather was miserable all day, but it wound up clearing in time for the show. Really humid, and the venue was a mud pit, but that didn't really stop anyone from having a great time.

Jimmy Eat World has pretty consistently been in my top ten favorite bands for years and years now, but I forgot how much fun they are live. Every time I see them, they put me in the best mood. Jim said "Love, Never" is going to be on the new record, which I thought was interesting. While I'd always like to see them play more songs, their set for this tour is pretty much a dream, especially now that they're playing "23" every night.

TEB was really fun. I'm not a huge fan of theirs, but people were really into them and they sounded great. They wrapped up with "Semi Charmed Life" and then came out and said they were gonna just play until curfew, so we got a second encore with "Losing A Whole Year."

alkalinexandy likes this.
  20. manoverboard365

Trusted

Well last night was a shit show.

There were reports of thunderstorms all night but the venue kept reassuring that the show would still go on. They even repeatedly posted the set times as JEW 7:45, 3EB 9:15.
    We arrive at 7:40 and Jimmy Eat World is already off the stage. They said in anticipation of the storm, the cancelled Ra Ra Riot and made JEW play an abbreviated set at 7pm. Apparently only 30 minutes long. The most hilarious part? When we went on facebook to see this announcement they made, it said it was posted at 7:20.......20 minutes AFTER JEW started.

Third Eye Blind came on a little after 8 and the place was still half empty, I'm sure because most people assumed they had another hour to get there. Stephen kept saying that they might cut the power any second so they just blew through their set. They ended up playing for 70 minutes, so I don't think they had to cut much. But it was POURING and I was completely drenched.

Thank god we only paid $25 for the tickets!

21. a lack of color

Regular

Wow! I'm glad I didn't go.

22. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

I think Third Eye blind cut a few non-essential songs but I was pissed about the Jimmy Eat World issue. Thankfully I got there in time but I know a bunch of people missed them were pissed. Also, the bus situation from Freeport LIR station was fucking terrible, had to wait like 40 min at the station before the first one came. I know Long Island traffic sucks but buses around Freeport and the parkway that goes to ampitheater is usually clear so not sure what the fuck the deal was.

23. Phil507

Sorry to hear man, that is super frustrating. You only missed an 8 song set though: Pain, Work, Bleed American, Love Never, Sweetness, Lucky Denver Mint, Hear You Me, The Middle

manoverboard365 likes this.
  24. manoverboard365

Trusted

Comparing to other setlists from this tour, it looks like Third Eye Blind cut their Anything/Crystal Baller/Blinded medley, which personally I would've been the MOST pumped for. I've seen them live a few times now and I've never got to see Anything & Blinded live, two of my personal favorite songs.

Jealous you made it in time for Jimmy! Honestly they were the big reason why me and my bud went so that was a real bummer to miss.

25. Phil507

I'm old enough to actually see Third Eye Blind on their s/t, Blue and Out Of The Vein tours so that wasn't a huge loss for me but, yeah, that would've been a cool medley. Jones Beach is just such a fucking haul though, starting to regret buying a Smashing Pumpkins/Noel Gallagher/AFI ticket.