Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Third Eye Blind Headline Charity Event at RNC

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 19, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Third Eye Blind are playing a private charity event at the Republican National Convention:

Third Eye Blind will be the headline performing act at the charity benefit for Musicians On Call (MOC), a nonprofit that brings live and recorded music to the bedsides of patients in healthcare facilities, at the Republican National Convention in Cleveland.

In 2012 lead singer Stephan Jenkins penned an op-ed for the Huffington Post explaining why they had turned down playing a similar event:

Even the private party my band was asked to play at the RNC is not some innocuous event. Though I am happy to play for Republican fans, like my life-long Republican mom, playing the RNC convention is a tacit endorsement of the Republican presidential candidate and his party platform, and this is not my mom’s Republican Party anymore.

Reading through Jenkins’s Twitter feed makes me think this is the last place he would want to be playing. Now I’m curious what they’re going to say on stage.

2. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Wonder if this is going to be a Lupe Fiasco at the inauguration type situation...

3. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Mixed emotions about this.

4. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Young Gay Republicans?

5. GEM37

She haunts the roads

6. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

[​IMG]

7. FakeGyllenhaal

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  8. Thursdaysox

We know it from the silence

Wow, I went from "Fuck Third Eye Blind, I'll never pay to see them again" to "WHERE IS THEIR NEXT SHOW NEAR ME, PLEASE TAKE MY MONEY I LOVE YOU GUYS!!" Damn, this is awesome.

Hagysaurus, teebs41 and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  9. somethingliketj

And that's why you always leave a note.

So awesome. That took some balls.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  10. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

11. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

@Jason Tate you should edit lost to include what they actually did Haha

12. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Thursdaysox likes this.
  13. ramomcferno

Mystery is the secret ingredient Prestigious

Played none of the hits? I really want to know what the setlist was. Die-hard fans were probably treated to a really cool rarities set.

14. iCarly Rae Jepsen

They played some

15. euphguapo

that is crazy funny

16. paythetab

Chorus.FM Album Reviewer (Adam Grundy) Supporter

17. Weezer17

Why did they do this, if Stephan turned it down in the past. Seems like a dick thing to do.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  18. Weezer17

Never Let You Go and Jumper were hits.

ChrisCantWrite and ramomcferno like this.
  19. iCarly Rae Jepsen

It was for charity and I think he wanted to get his platform across

He is a total dick though

20. Weezer17

Apparently they didnt play Never Let You Go, and played Non-Dairy Creamer instead.

Essie and Thursdaysox like this.
  21. Thursdaysox

We know it from the silence

To draw attention to the fact that the GOP is anti-lgbtq, anti-science, anti-vaxx, anti-logic, regressive, and xenophobic.

Is he the dick, or are the GOP all dicks? Are they both dicks? Do two dicks make a right? I just don't know anymore.

22. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I don't listen to Third Eye Blind at all, but I'd love to go to one of my favorite bands' shows where they didn't play any 'hits.'

23. bptky

check out Musica - Akron's best live music venue

Was confused by this post at first, but after reading it sounds like it was for a good cause and although it was during the RNC, it didn't have much to do at all with the party or convention itself.

24. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Based on his statements regarding an invite in 2012, how did the they not see this coming haha? I mean, seriously.

25. Buscemi knows best

You owe me a Sausage McMuffin

How are 3eb "fans" who attended this so pissed off? Did they not bother listening to Dopamine? Because it's really good, and this set list is awesome.