Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The xx Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by brandon_260, Jun 23, 2016.

1. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

It's been nearly 4 years since Coexist. They've been working on LP 3 since late last year, but Jamie has been is still doing a lot of overseas festivals this summer so who knows how far along it is.

2. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

I grew attached to their debut more than ever last year. It really means a lot to me now and could be a top 10 of the 2000s now. I've been getting back into Coexist lately, which is not as good but it's got Angels which is maybe their best song. I'm very curious to see where they head next. I don't want them to lose their sound, but I also want to hear Romy and Jamie do more like Loud Places and Seesaw.

3. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

my dad just asked me a couple days ago if they were doing anything soon, only show he and i have ever gone to together

4. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

I would love to see them. I had the chance like 4 years ago when they toured with Grizzly Bear but I was only just getting into them and not willing to drop like $60 or whatever stupid price it was. They're probably the band at the top of my list now.

5. mescalineeyes

just admit that I'm the fantasy Prestigious

How hard are you kicking yourself? ;-p

6. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

the show i was going to see them with was with chairlift, but it got hurricaned out, and our tickets were for their next show with austra.
    sorta bummed about that more now, hah.

7. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Chairlift and The xx sounds incredible.

8. mescalineeyes

This thread makes me hate Europe.

9. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

???

Edit: I read this wrong. I thought you thought these shows happened in Europe, not that you were in Europe.

10. mescalineeyes

idk I feel like we barely get any good shows. :(

(Mainland, mind you, not the UK. They get excellent shows.)

11. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, I just edited my post. I read it the opposite way lol.

mescalineeyes likes this.
  12. Horrorca

Trusted

this band is the epitome of meh

that said, I really like the stuff Jamie does on his own

13. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

i got really into the s/t one winter, i would listen to it whenever i shoveled snow off my car. i'd be interested to see if more of the warmth from jamie's work seeps into their material

14. Horrorca

Trusted

they have a very nice atmosphere, specially on the first album, but once you get past that, I feel the music reveals to be quite superficial, relying to much on their formula sound and to be quite lacking in the songwriting department

15. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

One of my favorite songs ever.

brandon_260 likes this.
  16. Horrorca

Trusted

I also feel that Jamie has moved on the XX and will probably return to it when he needs the $$$ (nothing wrong with that)

17. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

I feel like it started to on Coexist. There's steel drums on one song (can't remember right now) that really points to warm energy of In Colour.

18. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

tucah likes this.
  19. tucah

not champ Prestigious

I'm totally ready for new music from these guys.

20. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Pitchfork posted they were going on tour and then it was only like a handful of Eastern European dates. I've never been so excited and so let down so quickly.

ChiliTacos and sophos34 like this.
  21. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

haha same here.

pumped for new music though.

22. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

if the rumors are true, then you can expect a early-mid 2017 tour with Coachella right in there in April

23. irthesteve

24. Horrorca

Trusted

instead of being all negative about the xx, I will be suggest something that I feel has a similar yet more interesting approach to their style

25. irthesteve

what I posted above is a cryptic new piece of music from them, btw