Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The xx / Sampha / Kelela Tour • Page 2

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

Honestly, I just remember their hey-day where they played arenas and then disappeared for awhile. Kind of interesting they'd be opening this. Either way, I doubt The xx would have any trouble selling these places out by themselves.

2. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

phoenix is headlining governor's ball, lol

3. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

I know they are, and they deserve it. When they were here in 2015 they played a 2,350 cap room. Obviously packed it but nonetheless.

I got in touch with the promoter and I'm getting my tickets refunded, just can't justify it with all the other amazing tours coming through.

4. cwhit

yeah, i figure that was just some miscommunication on their part

redwing91007 likes this.
  5. Kellan

@kellanthomas Prestigious

I can't believe Saint Paul is sold out already. I didn't even know tickets were on sale. Fuck.

6. TMS2787

Trusted

Sampha is opening on the whole tour. I am now 100% going to go to the Cleveland show.

kidinthebushes likes this.
  7. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Kelela is listed as the opener for the Toronto date on 5/23 on Ticketmaster.

8. TMS2787

Trusted

Cool. Then he's not opening the last few dates after NY. He's overseas as I just noticed but I don't really look that much into this stuff when it doesn't matter for shows I'll never be able to go to.

9. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

He's only opening the first half of the tour.

10. teel

Regular

No, Sampha is opening all but the last 4 shows

[​IMG]

11. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Oh damn, I could have sworn it was just half when I checked it. Even more bummed he's not on my date since it's the first where he jumps off.

kidinthebushes likes this.
  12. cwhit

so hype for sampha now that the new record is amazing

13. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Bought a ticket for the Chicago date of this today.

14. TMS2787

Trusted

Has anyone been to a show on this tour yet?

15. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

My date is in May but I am surprised at the low amount of Coexist songs.

16. TMS2787

Trusted

The show I'm going to is next week. I looked at the setlists and I do agree that it seems pretty light on "Coexist".

But I was wondering if Sampha is the only opener (I think he is) or if someone else goes on a bit before he does.

17. TMS2787

Trusted

I went last night and the show was awesome all around.

When Sampha went on the place was pretty empty, which was a bummer to me. He put on a really good show, that sounded great and his voice carried well in the larger venue and his band was pretty on point as well. The only thing I could've wished for was that it was darker outside to get the full effect of his light show. But that had nothing to do with his performance. I hadn't seen him since in saw him with SBTRKT in 2011 or 2012 and his album is easily one of my favorites of the year thus far.
    Sampha Setlist at Jacobs Pavilion at Nautica, Cleveland

The XX was really cool, there mirrored stage set-up with all of the lights was wild. I thought both Romy and Oliver sounded good and the music was made for a wide open space. I was afraid their live show would be boring because I didn't know what type of stage production they'd have but it wasn't at all. The set flew by at brisk 70 minutes. By time they went on the venue filled in more and the crowd reacted well despite it being like 45° and on the water, lol.
    The xx Setlist at Jacobs Pavilion at Nautica, Cleveland

18. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

It being a cold night and during the Cavs game probably wasn't ideal, but it sounds like it was an awesome show!

19. TMS2787

Trusted

Yeah, I thought that too. I'm sure the combo of both didn't help walkup sales. Plus, Cleveland is a weird market. Lol.

20. Kyle is hk

Not Kyle Shanahan Prestigious

Shot in the dark: Anyone interested in trading their NYC Forrest Hills tickets for my Philly Mann Center tickets?

Or just buying my Mann Center ticket at face value (5/17)?