Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The xx - I See You (January 13, 2017) Album • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cwhit, Nov 7, 2016.

1. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Ok this sounds better on second go/with headphones.

2. Kyle is hk

Not Kyle Shanahan Prestigious

Is it streaming somewhere or just leak?

3. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Good driving album too. I think it's growing on me as well.
    I looked for a stream and didn't find one, i think the leak is all that's available right now.

Kyle is hk likes this.
  4. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

"A Violent Noise" is an early favorite.

Spencer Rhoton, kyle and Maybevictor like this.
  5. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

i just hit play. honestly not feeling the first song much at all

6. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

this mostly just washed over me. need to spend more time with it but i was expecting something more

Joel likes this.
  7. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Performance is so beautiful.

Maybevictor likes this.
  8. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

The "A Violent Noise" / "Performance" / "Replica" stretch is my favorite right now. Four listens in and I'm beginning to like the album.

9. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

Listened three times. I will never voluntarily play a song from this album again. Bland vocals and pointlessly vague lyrics.

10. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

Which is a shame because the lyrics on the debut are stellar

11. radiodead

Trusted

"On Hold" is gorgeous

12. If you listen to "Performance" and don't feel things, there's something very wrong

13. okayibelieveyou

Tam Rogic CSC Prestigious

Step forward and take a bow Jamie. He's really came to the fore to help elevate this. Everything I love about this so far are Jamie touches. Romy and Oliver sound better too... still their distinctive selves.

Aaron Mook and irthesteve like this.
  14. jpmalone4

Stay Lucky Supporter

I don't think there's anything vague about the lyrics here. It's pretty obvious what "On Hold" or "Performance" are about. If anything, I'd say these are the most transparent lyrics they've written.

brandon_260 likes this.
  15. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

I recently rediscovered this band and have been spinning the first album a lot this past week. Funny enough, I had thought that before about 9 days ago I had never listened to it in its entirety. However when I put it on I realized that I knew and recognized every song in some capacity. Somewhere down the line I forgot I ever listened to it. Which is weird, because I think it's a great album. I don't think that has ever happened to me before. Haha. I'm excited to hear the new one tomorrow.

16. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

This is easily the least vague they've ever been.

FTank and Kyle is hk like this.
  17. PauLo

43% Burnt

So, is this more of the same from them? I was never all that into them before, will this change anything?

18. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

This album is pretty good. Their debut will probably always be my favourite though.

19. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

Did you like their tracks on In Colour? If yes I think you should give it a shot.

20. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

After first listen, I really really like this. There was no track that floored me like "Angels" did, but I think this will end up being my favorite xx album front to back.

21. goation

Regular

I haven't listened to any of their other stuff but I really dig this. There is so much drama in their sound it's great.

22. kidwithhelmet

WELCOME THRILLHO Supporter

I Dare You is my early favorite.

I'd pay good money to have Oliver Sim whisper encouraging words into my ear all day.

23. Pretty good so far, but I thought the first two songs were kinda weak.

24. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

When I say the lyrics are vague, I don't mean that I can't understand what the song is about. I mean that they're lacking in detail.

25. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Two bonus tracks floating around now. Not too sure about Season's Run, but I like Naive more than most of the album.