Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The xx Debut at Number Two on Charts

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 23, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

The xx have debuted at number two on this week’s Billboard charts while The Weeknd stays at number one (completely due to streaming):

The xx scores its highest charting album ever on the Billboard 200 chart, as the alternative band’s third studio album, I See You, debuts at No. 2. The set earned 46,000 equivalent album units in the week ending Jan. 19, according to Nielsen Music. Of that sum, 36,000 were in traditional album sales.

I’ve been hearing this album everywhere over the past week.

2. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I would've thought they moved way more units than that. Kind of surprised by this.

3. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

I'm so fucking sick of "On Hold," and ended up really not feeling this record, unfortunately

4. Joseph Pepe

The NY Time article says "despite low sales"... but in the new age of consuming music having those kinds of streaming numbers is the equivalent to strong physical sales. Times are a changing.

5. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

This actually is lower than I expected. Fantastic record.