Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Xcerts Band • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by George, Mar 17, 2016.

1. Ed59_

Regular

Yeah, Twin Atlantic's early stuff was incredible. AGFC & Vivarium in particular. I'm interested to see where they go next but Great Divide and GLA didn't do much for me.

2. Iain

Regular

The Xcerts are one of the few bands that i think top themselves album after album.

Echo twin atlantic sentiments too, promising ep and mini-album (those were the days!). I do think Ex El and Valhalla from GLA are belters though.

3. JM95

Trusted

maryp1603 and KidLightning like this.
  4. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Well that’s fantastic news.

KidLightning likes this.
  5. DeRRek

Trusted

Just bought a ticket for The Xcerts latest tour in support of their new ep coming out. So glad they’re playing Dundee as it’s so much closer for me to travel instead of Glasgow haha. Can’t wait. Small venue also.

6. Callum Macleod

Do or do not, there is no try.

Can’t for their new EP, defo going to pick up a ticket for Glasgow. HOTYH was my favourite album last year. Mental that it’s nearly 1 year old.

DeRRek likes this.
  7. Callum Macleod

New song was played on Radio 1 tonight. May be up for streaming at midnight - if not, it'll drop Friday.

KidLightning likes this.
  8. Callum Macleod Jan 20, 2019
    (Last edited: Jan 20, 2019)
    Callum Macleod

Midnight confirmed!

maryp1603, DeRRek and KidLightning like this.
  9. maryp1603

Hey. Supporter

Excited! HOTYH was a favorite album of mine las year.

10. Iain

Regular

Solid tune! This band never disappoint.

11. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

New EP - So No One Told You Life Was Gonna Be This Way - coming January 15th:

Crisp X likes this.
  12. Callum Macleod

Excited for new music! I still spin ‘Hold on to Your Heart’ regularly.

Elder Lightning and JM95 like this.
  13. yeeeeeah let's go

14. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

GIMME

15. Iain

Regular

Hell. Yeah.

noticed they responded to someone saying “can’t wait for people to hear this”. The person worked for universal records as artist relations. Have they changed label??

16. George

Trusted Prestigious

Hmmmm

Crisp X likes this.
  17. Happy to have them back but I'm not feeling this at all, sadly.

T E A L likes this.
  18. JM95

Trusted

I don't want to be negative about The Xcerts.

I'll come back for the next song.

T E A L and George like this.
  19. Slangster

Won "Best Hog" at the Hog Shit Snarfing Contest Supporter

Yeah, this is not it lol

T E A L likes this.
  20. Callum Macleod

I wasn’t very into “Gimme” at all at first but for a short track, it’s really grown on me in a playlist. The brief clip of the next song featuring Sam Carter sounds good too. I do hope it’s a longer song with a less frantic vibe. “Hold On To Your Heart” is one of my favourite albums in recent memory, so it’s a hard one to top for me.

I do like that it seems like they are just letting loose and doing what they want with new material.

Iain likes this.
  21. Callum Macleod

I like this song but boy is this album going to be over in 15 minutes or what :crylaugh: Murray did and interview on the Sappenin’ podcast that talks about the creative decisions, so I’m glad they are doing what they want. I just want more!

T E A L and Iain like this.
  22. Cr0akz

:P

I like this a lot more than Gimme but man, this one is begging to be longer.

T E A L likes this.
  23. cosmickid

Composer, but never composed.

i loved 'there is only you' and for some reason haven't listened to any of their other material. this, i'm afraid, is not convincing me.

i'm glad they're having fun and seem to have some momentum again, though.

T E A L likes this.
  24. Iain

Regular

I would highly recommend checking out their back catalog. I am partial though, i have followed them since around 09' and their albums have grown alongside my musical tastes for nearly 12 years. All the albums to me are amazing. I dont think there is another band I have followed this long and been kept on the hook for new music. To me, the music and the raw emotional lyrics are incredible. A live show of theirs with everyone singing along is truly special.

I will admit, I am hesitant that they have moved away from the raw personal lyrics to 'observational' writing for this new album. They havent let me down so far, so im hoping this one wont!

cosmickid likes this.
  25. George

Trusted Prestigious

This is a much more fun song than the first one, but it definitely feels like it ends way too soon. This feels like the preview of the song not the whole thing.

Crisp X and T E A L like this.