Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Xcerts Band • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by George, Mar 17, 2016.

1. Patrick

Good luck man, my fingers are crossed for you! They are so good live as well, I'm seeing them in Cardiff in March.

George likes this.
  2. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

I've got 2 copies of the record turning up today/Monday, I bought the t-shirt preorder through the band and then ended up buying another one to get a ticket to the banquet instore. Gonna give the spare to my mate for his bday.

3. Callum Macleod

Do or do not, there is no try.

Cheers! Aye, I’m going to go see them in Glasgow next month. Can not wait. I’d be happy if they played this entire album front to back alongside their other album bangers.

4. George

Trusted Prestigious

The blasts of saxophone on this record! Only had one listen, but its exactly what I'd hoped it would be.

See you there!

Patrick, morken and ugman_2000 like this.
  5. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

Holy shit, this band made The Leap, huh? Wow is this good. Just huge and triumphant.

morken, airik625, Slangster and 2 others like this.
  6. JM95

Trusted

Haven't had time to listen to this yet but I'm so pleased about the praise I've been reading online. This band needs to be massive.

7. maryp1603

Hey. Supporter

Never listened to this band before today but my friend from London is in love with them so I gave a listen. They have a new fan.

morken, ugman_2000 and JM95 like this.
  8. ugman_2000 Jan 20, 2018
    (Last edited: Jan 20, 2018)
    ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

Good to hear you’re a new fan. You should definitely try their last album too, that album is perfect front to back.

maryp1603 and George like this.
  9. Slangster

Won "Best Hog" at the Hog Shit Snarfing Contest Supporter

Think this album might be for me what that The Maine album from last year was to a lot of people on here. Pop-rock doesn't get much better.

SamLevi11 and morken like this.
  10. azzy01

Regular

Album is great, really hope they blow up and get the exposure they deserve with this one.

11. maryp1603

Hey. Supporter

Will do - thanks!

ugman_2000 likes this.
  12. Callum Macleod

Do or do not, there is no try.

Acoustic set they played yesterday sounded great and the guys were very cool during the signing. Purchased their White Vinyl so I had something for the lads to sign. Don't actually have a record player, so it's my first record, ha. Looks great! Need to find a decent player now.

IMG_0920.jpg IMG_0921.jpg

morken, JM95, Slangster and 4 others like this.
  13. I knew I was going to like this based on what people have been saying about it here. Almost done my first listen and I was not wrong. This is great!

ugman_2000 likes this.
  14. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

I’ve got a ticket going spare (for free) for their show in Kingston tomorrow. If anyone on here wants it hit me up.

15. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

The guys were fantastic tonight. The new songs sounded massive live.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

maryp1603 likes this.
  16. JM95

Trusted

Was meant to be seeing these tonight but couldn't because I'm still recovering from surgery. Very frustrating.

Any other UK people seen them on this tour?

17. George

Trusted Prestigious

If anyone is from the Cardiff area, I have one spare ticket to give away for their show tonight in Clwb. Free to a good home if you can make it down / have a mate who needs a ticket etc.

18. George

Trusted Prestigious

What a bloody band eh.

cshadows2887 and ugman_2000 like this.
  19. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I'm not huge on the opening track, it goes on a bit too long for me but otherwise I'm pretty much all in on this record. 2000 Trees can't come soon enough

20. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

I love the new album, I'd still rank There Is Only You as their best but this is easily my second favourite of theirs now.

George likes this.
  21. George

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah think I'd agree with that. Love all four though, lots of great memories associated with them.

22. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah same, I have so many great memories of this band too. Think it was the Euro thread on AP that turned me onto them back before Slakerpop dropped and I fell in love with them. I think I'm at about 7 or 8 times seeing this band live now.

23. George

Trusted Prestigious

I saw them play with Twin Atlantic in like 2008 (???) before In The Cold Wind came out, playing to about 10 people, but they performed like they were headling Wembley. Loved them since, wish them all the success in the world.

Twin Atlantic I think have got to be my biggest "What if..." bands. Guidance From Colour EP is legitimately perfect, had all the potential in the world, really gutted about how they turned out now. They were astonishingly good at one point.

morken and ugman_2000 like this.
  24. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I thought Free was pretty decent too tbf.

25. George

Trusted Prestigious

Free and Vivarium were pretty good, and there was even a couple of good tracks on Great Divide! Latest was pretty much barren though.

They could have been so much more though, I listen to that debut EP all the time - perfect little release, thought they could become one of the greats.