Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Xcerts Band • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by George, Mar 17, 2016.

1. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

Gonna pick up that White Vinyl/t-shirt pre-order if there's still some available once I get paid.

Echo what Sam said this band really do deserve to blow up.

2. Slangster

Won "Best Hog" at the Hog Shit Snarfing Contest Supporter

Daydream is awesome, band is awesome, can't wait for the album

3. Paul Beaumont

As much as I like the two singles I do fear that they might be trying too hard to actually blow up rather than just doing what comes naturally to them, but either way I'm enjoying the new stuff so I guess it's a moot point.

ugman_2000 likes this.
  4. Callum Macleod

Do or do not, there is no try.

Band is horribly underrated. I don't think their trying to blow up in a forced way at all - new songs sounds like a very natural progression. Sad that it's so far out and only 8 unheard tracks. Hope they have some killer b-sides, they always do.

5. JM95

Trusted

My one wish for this album is that by the time the next record comes out, people will no longer complain about them being underrated.

George likes this.
  6. Callum Macleod

Might come true! They have just announced a UK Tour headlining the biggest venues to date - so good to see!

7. Callum Macleod

All 3 songs from this are great, just dropped another new one today.

8. Slangster

JM95 likes this.
  9. Callum Macleod

New song will be coming this week according to a tweet from last week. (Just over a week until the full thing!)

airik625 likes this.
  10. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

I’m seeing them on the 25th and I’m proper stoked for it. Love the new songs so far .

11. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

New song is great, so many springsteen vibes from that sax.

callumnmacleod and Matt Metzler like this.
  12. Callum Macleod

Going to go see them play a record release in store here in Edinburgh this Saturday, hopefully.

ugman_2000 likes this.
  13. Callum Macleod

This album is incredible. Not a single dud on it for me - I'll be surprised if this isn't in my top 5 at the end of the year.

14. Patrick

This is outrageously brilliant. The moment when the chorus of First Kiss Feeling hits is a musical moment that’s gonna be hard to top this year.

15. morken

Not everything means something, honey Supporter

Okay, I've been listening to this band for only 15 minutes now, and I am blown away already. Did not expect to find something to love this much today. Are their previous stuff this good as well?

callumnmacleod likes this.
  16. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah this is ridiculously good.

The last album is also incredible. A more downbeat tone for sure, but just as good.

17. Callum Macleod

Yes! Glad you've discovered them and enjoy them. Their last album "There Is Only You" is also fantastic - check out "Pop Song", "Shaking In The Water", "There Is Only You" and "Kick It" (Or just the whole albums, actually). The first two albums aren't quite as catchy, but I love them - "Gum", "Scatterbrain", "Crisis In The Slow Lane", "Aberdeen 1987" are all worth checking out off the top of my head.

morken likes this.
  18. Patrick

I back all the shouts for the last album, There Is Only You is so good

morken likes this.
  19. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Can’t wait to listen to this.

20. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

God I love this band, this album is just so fucking perfect.

21. Slangster

Yeah this is unreal. Just perfect pop-rock. "First Kiss Feeling" and "We Are Gonna Live" are impossibly catchy.

22. Callum Macleod

Cranked out 4 full listens of this now. What an album. First album of the year contender has come early for me again I think, much like The Menzingers and Deaf Havana last year.

morken, airik625, ugman_2000 and 2 others like this.
  23. Patrick

I've just started play 6. This is stunning. Gonna head out on my lunch break and buy the vinyl.

24. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Those two are definitely comparable in terms of this being an early AOTY contender.

25. Callum Macleod

Going to pick it up tomorrow, they are doing a free in-store acoustic set and signing here which I hope I can get into. :teethsmile: