Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Xcerts Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by George, Mar 17, 2016.

1. JM95

Trusted

Argggggvvvhhhh I'm out at the moment!!

2. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

3. Slangster

Won "Best Hog" at the Hog Shit Snarfing Contest Supporter

Yep, song is an absolute jam. Seems like they're sticking with their poppier side, which I'm all for.

JM95 likes this.
  4. Paul Beaumont

Song sounds great. Excited to see them on Saturday and see it live for the first time.

5. Callum Macleod

Do or do not, there is no try.

Hope this new album gets them the recognition that this band so badly deserves. Want them to be huge! So many U.K. bands that have gotten big over the past 5 years that aren't a patch on these guys. (On record or live!)

JM95 likes this.
  6. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

I'm so gutted I'm missing 2000 Trees this year, hope you have an awesome time there though mate, by far my favourite festival in the uk.

7. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

Here's the video for the song :-)

8. Paul Beaumont

Yeah I'm excited for it. Really great lineup for it so I thought for 90 quid or whatever it was well worth it. Add Xcerts to it and the Saturday is a great days lineup.

The Menzingers
    Kevin Devine
    The Xcerts
    Hundred Reasons
    The Menzingers (forest set)
    Gnarwolves
    Apologies, I Have None

9. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

That is a damn fine day out.

10. Paul Beaumont

Not to mention there's Jonah Matranga, Beach Slang, Dave Hause, Frank Carter, The Dirty Nil, Black Foxxes and Feed The Rhino over the other two days. I'm gonna get copious amounts of Lager down me haha

11. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

Feed The Rhino killed it there a couple of years ago, I wore a rhino mask for the whole set and walked out a broken man afterwards. Great band though seen them loads of times over the years. If you haven't done the festival before just know the car park is well close to the campsite so you can take loss of stuff if you want to, stuff like duvets and blow up beds.

12. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Can't wait to see these at 2000 Trees. Good to see the new stuff is as good as the last album, which was hugely under appreciated.

Also I hope you see those of you who are there all front and centre for the Menzingers

13. Paul Beaumont

Yeah I'm mates with their guitarist so they're one of my must see bands. I'll ask if he remembers a guy in a Rhino mask haha

That's really helpful to know, I always travel so light to festivals back in the day, I haven't been to one in about 6 years now so it's going to be a culture shock to me.

I will be front and center for both Menzingers sets without a doubt.

14. JM95

Trusted

This song did not disappoint.

Fucking love this band.

15. George

Trusted Prestigious

Nothing much to add to what everyone else has said. Brilliant song, brilliant band, almost certainly going to be a brilliant album.

ugman_2000 and JM95 like this.
  16. Paul Beaumont

Really deserves to get them playing to many more people too. Always so disappointed with the turnouts they get in Birmingham when they tour.

17. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Never seen them headline but they did brilliantly when I saw them supporting MCS. I tend to find Birmingham has quite fluctuating attendances, especially for bands of this size. I blame it on a lack of decent promoters really.

18. George

Trusted Prestigious

They haven't played Cardiff (as headliners) in a long time. Last time I saw them here was when they were touring Scatterbrain, in like 2011(?). Seem them a few times since as support acts and festivals, but haven't managed to catch any of their headline shows for There Is Only You.

19. JM95

Trusted

Can't stop playing this song.

Love how front and centre the guitar is in the chorus. Given how many bands there are utilising poppy elements and, for some reason, minimising guitars as a driving force, it's so great to see a band not doing that and sounding all the better for it. Just makes that vocal hook even bigger.

20. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

That's a shame George, those shows were the best. I think I saw them a couple of times on that tour. Pretty certain the at the Guildford show they played most of the album too.

21. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

22. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Really into this song. Can't wait for the album now.

ugman_2000 likes this.
  23. JM95

Trusted

Alternate version of Feels Like Falling In Love

ugman_2000 and KidLightning like this.
  24. JM95

Trusted

Album out on January 19th.

25. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Pretty excited. Daydream is fantastic too. Really hope this band blow up, they really deserve it.