Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Wrens Band • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by DaydreamNation, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Surfwax

bring on the major leagues

I have faith in a 2018 release

2. Just a friendly reminder that The Meadowlands is one of the greatest records ever made

3. Especially the first 20-25 minutes or so

4. Horrorca

Trusted

ugh were is the new album

this is reaching Chinese Democracy levels of ridiculousness

5. It's not going to come out and we all should just be okay with that because it is what it is

Zac Djamoos likes this.
  6. In case you sad souls don't know these exist:

Yes parts of "North to Nothing" made it onto The Meadowlands six years later, but I almost like this version better.

7. Horrorca

Trusted

no no no no no

I refuse too and I'll complain forever if it never comes out - I will not make peace with this

8. Gjpeace

Regular Supporter

I thought it was done? Is it still being mixed or mastered or whatever? What’s taking so long? (I’m aware of the absurdity of this question re: The Wrens.)

Zac Djamoos likes this.
  9. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

I was under the impression they didn't know what the logistics of touring would be when they released it and it'd been so long they were just waiting and seeing. But like a ton of people have seemingly heard it at his house lol so idk

thenewmatthewperry likes this.
  10. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

apparently January 2019 now lol

11. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

lol sure

12. unbornwhiskey Mar 18, 2018
    (Last edited: Mar 18, 2018)
    unbornwhiskey

Trusted

i mean charles said late 2018 best case scenario early 2019 worst case scenario but also yeah lol. i feel like these songs have been reworked a ton, i look forward to hearing it one day in the distant future after the collapse of society

EmmanuelSCastle likes this.
  13. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

I feel like I wouldn't be surprised if he scrapped the whole thing a month before release and decided to redo every song

14. tucah

not champ Prestigious

15. Once again:

16. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

17. Horrorca

Trusted

so it’s warm and humid and cloudy in NY & it immediately threw me to the Meadowlands

fucking masterpiece

gives us the new album or not

Leftandleaving likes this.
  19. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Remember when we thought we’d have a new wrens album by now

20. Nope haha

21. but no one can ever take this away from me, even though there will never be another album:

22. some of this sounds vaguely real (thread)

23. tucah

not champ Prestigious

recently he's been talking a lot about the album being done and ready for a fall release that i might almost kind of actually believe it

maybe

24. Horrorca

Trusted

omgomgomg

25. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

this is the first i've heard of them definitively having a label for this so this is real encouraging!