Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Wrecking Ball ATL 2016 Festival • Page 4

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Apr 25, 2016.

1. Jakobindeed

My Whole Life is Thunder Prestigious

Turnpike Divides didn't happen, which was disappointing, but they were fucking phenomenal, haven't missed a beat.

2. peoplearepoison

It’s a perfect day for letting go... Supporter

Top favorites:
    Ceremony
    Thursday (After Show)
    Cold Cave
    Touche Amore
    Deafheaven

himynameisdakota likes this.
  3. ChicagoBowls

!!!!

Drug Church
    Ceremony
    Joyce Manor
    American Nightmare
    Looming
    Donovan Wolfington

To name a few of my favorite sets.

I like how i didn't go have that many concrete plans for this year, I just went with the flow and end up enjoying the festival way more than i did last year. I'm still kind of upset, I missed Turnstile. the line was huge.

4. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

no 2017 wrecking ball, back in 2018

5. kidinthebushes

Trusted

I was wondering about this earlier today. Last year's lineup came out March 22nd.

6. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Since the Wrecking Ball 2016 came to a close on August 14th, we have been working non-stop on the relocation of The Masquerade concert venue. The process of locating a new home and then executing the move has not only been an enormous project, but has also taken virtually all of our team’s time and attention. The Masquerade has ultimately landed in a tremendous new downtown space, but one that, unfortunately, is without a proper space to hold The Wrecking Ball ATL in the next step of it’s progression.

So, rather than produce an event smaller in scope or ambition than that toward which The Wrecking Ball is heading, we will be taking 2017 off to both work on the long-term future of The Masquerade, one of the longest running and most storied concert venues in the country, AND to put together a suitable location and set up for the uniquely produced and curated festival that The Wrecking Ball ATL is and will become.

We are already working on the plan, and it’s a good one. You will continue to see our branding on concerts throughout 2017 and right up until the 2018 announcement. Stay punk and rest assured that we are not going anywhere. See you in 2018.

7. himynameisdakota

Regular

I'm bummed but I understand the need for a year off. This just means 2018 will be super tight.

8. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

I guess it'll take a long time to convince Jawbreaker to reunite, huh. But seriously, I'm glad they're taking the time to make it the best it can be.

9. kidinthebushes

Trusted

10. abear182

Regular

Anyone heard if this happening this year? Was thinking of checking it out this year maybe instead of my usual trip to FEST.

But all is very quite and you would expect something to be announced if it is happening in August as like previous years.

11. cwhit

they’ve sworn it’s happening. I think they usually announced lineups in March or April so it’s about time

12. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

This hasn’t aged well *crying emoji*

13. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I checked Twitter, and they retweeted somebody saying it's happening again in 2018. So I'm guessing it's happening (or at least, they plan on it happening).

14. cwhit

yeah, the first lineup was announced april 1st, i'm assuming we get something in the next month

i'd consider going again, though if it's august i might be back in school then. either way, excited to see who they get

alkalinexandy likes this.
  15. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

After all the talk this year about "redundant" headliners across festivals, they seem uniquely positioned to pull-off something special. Whether I go or not too, I'm excited to see what the line-up looks like!

Riot Fest has the issue of being "too big" and needing to maintain it... Wrecking Ball is just big enough to get cool headliners, but just small enough that there's far more bands to fill that slot (if that makes sense).

16. abear182

Regular

Obviously I am taking it as an April Fools. But you never know.

17. cwhit

it's definitely april fools. i bet we get an announcement this week

18. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

If anything, I take that as them saying "We'll be back."

cwhit likes this.
  19. cwhit

yeah, i bet we get a SURPRISE announcement this week

20. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

An announcement without an announcement for the announcement's announcement's surprise puzzle clue hint trivia game meme party live stream? Novel idea for a festival in 2018!

cwhit likes this.