Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Wrecking Ball ATL 2016 Festival • Page 2

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Apr 25, 2016.

1. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

so much better than last year
    deafheaven/sumac or thursday would destroy me

2. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Those after shows are insane. Choosing between Piebald/Knapsack, Thursday/Touche, and Turnstile was tough but...I ultimately went with Piebald because I've never seen Knapsack.

Also picked up a VIP slot to that Poison the Well show.

3. himynameisdakota

Regular

Daily schedules are being released tomorrow at noon

4. MattNCheeze

Trusted

Saturday: Big Jesus, Milemarker, Microwave, Drug Church, The Menzingers, Deafheaven, Touche Amore, TJF, Turnstile, Piebald, Gorilla Biscuits, L7

Sunday:Young and Heartless, Bully, Lemuriah,Broken Beak, Tigers Jaw, Chris Farren, Joyce Manor, American Football, Motion City, Dinosaur Jr. Thursday, Quicksand.

5. kidinthebushes

Trusted

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. ChicagoBowls

!!!!

There's less a conflict for me this year than last. Unforunately, Deafheaven and Free play at the same time.

7. cwhit

MCS, Foxing, and Antarctigo Vespucci decision would literally kill me

8. himynameisdakota

Regular

Touché / Bayside and Thursday / TUI is really tough. Luckily I'll be at the Thursday / Touché after show if all else fails.

9. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

this is basically me rn. I'm thinking of not seeing Foxing cause I've seen them twice this year, but that just means I know what I'm missing if I don't see them haha. I feel obligated to see MCS even though I've never listened to them bc they're breaking up BUT I love AV and I'm not gonna be able to see Chris Farren or Jeff Rosenstock solo bc of conflicts.
    Wrecking Ball too stacked but i love it

10. cwhit

chris, jeff, and AV all have terrible conflicts, haha
    also sad for the obsessives, being across from the menzingers is rough

11. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

They really do because there's no world where I miss possibly my only chance to see Thursday or the Promise Ring. OH shit yeah I also forgot I won't see the Obsessives because of The Menzingers. This fest is cool but it's really not great for any of the up and comers. They all conflict with a reunion act or something like the Menzingers.

12. cwhit

yeah, it was bad last year (how could it not be, with how many good acts are on here) but i feel it's worse this year

13. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

I didn't go last year but I remember thinking there were a lot more active touring bands vs reunion acts so if i missed something it'd be fine and I'd catch them next time. Seems there are way more reunion acts this time around, or maybe feels that way because I wanna see more of them / these are reunions I never thought would happen (Thursday, American Football, The Promise Ring)

14. ChicagoBowls

!!!!

Tell me about last year, the times that Basement/Title Fight/Glassjaw/Thrice were playing were super busy.

15. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

Glad/sad I missed the emotional trauma of those choices ha. It was my moms birthday so I skipped out.

16. kidinthebushes

Trusted

There are a lot of moving parts when putting together a schedule with this many bands. We were able to move a couple of them. Hope this helps.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

i can see the julie ruin now so that's cool. would have to miss gorilla biscuits but i have time to think about it at least

18. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

That works out better for me. Now I get to catch a bit of Hey Mercedes (or Turnstile--not sure which I'll be doing) before checking out the Bouncing Souls...

Kind of sucks that they overlap with Piebald now, but I'm seeing Piebald here in Boston and at the after show so I'm over it. Hah. Stoked that I get to see Gorilla Biscuits and Drive Like Jehu, though! Wish they could do something about the Motion City/Antarctigo Vespucci overlap. Clearly pop-punk/power-pop or whatever fans aren't noisy enough...

19. ChicagoBowls

!!!!

Y'all better go see Motion City

20. Derek

Get stung

they're playing near me tonight and its sold out and I'm broke and wahhhh

21. cwhit

same time as antarctigo though, i'd probably choose antarctigo even if it was my last chance to see MCS

electro haikus likes this.
  22. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

I get off work at 1pm GA time on that Sunday, 1.5 hr drive to the venue... I'm trying to decide if paying the $75 for a one day pass is worth it for me to see MCS and Thursday. That will be my only chance to see MCS before they are done.

23. kidinthebushes

Trusted

While The Masquerade will be abandoning our Pokémon GO gym following The Wrecking Ball ATL 2016, it can become yours!

At 10:00 pm on Sunday August 14, following Quicksand's performance, come to the Masquerade promo booth in O4W Park and show us on your smart device that you control The Masquerade's Pokemon gym, and you will win 2 The Wrecking Ball ATL 2017 VIP tickets!

Remember, you must be here to compete and win and have a valid festival wristband! Tix: http://wreckingballatl.com/tickets Be sure to share!

EmmanuelSCastle likes this.
  24. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

WELL, I guess I have to play endless Pokemon Go before Wrecking Ball now

25. kidinthebushes

Trusted

[​IMG]