Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The World Really Wanted Britney Spears to Fail: She Didn’t

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 22, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Issy Beech, writing for Noisey, on Britney Spears:

LeAnn Rimes also said in her interview with Metro that she admired Britney. “I look at her and think it’s really amazing what she’s overcome. It’s nice to see someone come out the other side and be successful again.”

That’s the quote that deserves follow-up articles. That’s the quote. Because Britney Spears is still one of the most successful women in pop.

ilikedesigning likes this.
  2. Thursdaysox

We know it from the silence

I miss K-Fed.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  3. aniafc

Trusted

I loved this article. I remember when all of this was going down in 2007, my mom and I were watching TV and she kept saying "That poor woman, she can't ever get left alone. They're making her lose it, and they don't even care." I was 13 so I was totally indifferent to the whole thing, but it's sad that almost every average-American knew that the media was destroying her, and no one talked about it. Everyone just kept piling on because they wanted ratings and readers; gone was the "integrity" of the media. Though, you can argue it was gone before that, but like the article said, this was just the most public breakdown at that time.

It's been amazing watching her rebound from that and come out on top.

4. ryan.conde

Who is Ryan? Prestigious

The new album has been on repeat, I really really need to get started on Frank. But listening to her sing in French on Coupure Electrique tho..

[​IMG]

5. This is a really good article

6. jorbjorb

7 rings

Britney Spears is a legend.

7. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

I have so much love for Britney and I can't wait for the new album.

8. mercury

modern-day offspring fanatic Supporter

Yesssss. This article is fantastic and everyone should read it.

The way the media treats celebrities is generally disgusting, and even more so when it comes to mental health. It's really refreshing to read an article that frames it in the opposite light.

9. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

On the flip side, she also kept getting chance after chance because people like a comeback story almost as much as they like a fall-from-the-top story.

10. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

that's because the queen is the queen