Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The World Is... // Formlessness (August 20, 2016) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Horrorca, Jul 14, 2016.

1. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

Fuuuuck, the new rerecorded versions are so much better than the originals and for me it's not even close. I always liked Formlessness, because this band's B Sides all range from great to excellent, but these versions I truly love. The ending of E. Dance with the light going into the heaviness of Katamari Duquette is cool, I like how they do those stark transitions specifically (like Wendover into We Need More Skulls, possibly my favorite on record transition. Tough to say)

2. Horrorca

Trusted

this was really cool

I need to listen to it more and this record in particular makes me feel v nostalgic so I don't know if I'll preffer this versions...

but

very cool

3. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

Did you listen from start to end (Old Versions to New) or just the new ones? Seems like the transition from the old stuff to the new is so seamless (at least from the one time I have listened so far) that it doesn't seem meant to "replace" the old versions or anything, it's like a cool little reprise on one album kinda thing

4. Horrorca

Trusted

only the new one

I'll try listening to the both back to back tmrrw

EmmanuelSCastle likes this.
  5. Jesse West

Cursed by my ancestry

I need to listen to the old versions, I've been staring from Blank #3 until the end. Any word on a vinyl pressing of this?

6. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

Preorders have been up for a month

7. Jesse West

Cursed by my ancestry

Yeah sorry just saw that. Couldn't find them on the bands band camp that has other vinyl.

8. Horrorca

Trusted

so new versions are obvi sick

but

I prefer the originals - I feel a bit was lost

just a bit

probably melancholia speaking tho

9. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

really? i listened to this yesterday and i was just really impressed how all the little touches made it feel more dynamic to me, like everyone involved just made all the songs greater. The old ones I wasn't like super attached to though, so maybe that's all it is.

10. So does literally anyone have this on vinyl here? Everything's sold out on the BWM site and I'm desperate for a copy of it :(

11. cwhit

nicole not being a part of TWIABP anymore and there being some bad blood there means...who knows

12. Oh shit, Nicole's out?! :((((

13. cwhit

yeah, a while ago.

14. Damn. So like, nobody knows what this means for TWIABP's relationship with BWM going forward? shit.

15. cwhit

it will be non-existent, i will tell you that now.
    it was not a good split.

16. mgiannotti

edge mike Supporter

The info I heard about the split was weird and probably not true, you know what happened @cwhit ?

17. cwhit

i am not going to go into details on here, that is not important and we should respect everyone in the band's privacy.

18. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

just realized i bought this on vinyl and had yet to receive it. oh well.

19. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

considering the circumstances i dont care at all tbh .

20. Jesse West

Cursed by my ancestry

I actually emailed them about the vinyl a week ago. The response was that they are having the exact same problems getting vinyl pressed that everyone else is having.

21. Kennedy

loomasleep.bandcamp.com Prestigious

whos nicole?

22. mgiannotti

edge mike Supporter

Derrick, who goes by Nicole now.
    Understandable, sorry for being nosy. Under whatever the circumstances are, do you still feel comfortable supporting BWM though?