Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The World Is a Beautiful Thread & I Am No Longer Afraid to Post Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by AndrewSoup, Mar 11, 2016.

1. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

Katamari Duquette is fucking insane live

GettingSodas and tommymcphail like this.
  2. Collins

Trusted

I really want World Empire to be a thing. I saw on their tumblr pages after E!E! announced their breakup that it's still on the table.

3. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

might see these guys for the first time in a couple years in a few weeks. gotta revisit harmlessness. havent listened to it since release at all. just didnt snag me the way everything before that did

4. Deathco_019

Drummer

I'm in the same boat. Loved Harmlessness when it came out, but I haven't gone back to it since. I was the same way with Whenever, If Ever.

5. Jakobindeed

My Whole Life is Thunder Prestigious

APRIL FOOLS 2016
    Their April Fools stuff is hilarious as usual, excited to see them with Evan and Sidekicks

phillyfradet likes this.
  6. Collins

Trusted

The book :crylaugh:

7. Iago

forbidden chalice.

I really dig the snake shirt. Their animal merch are always quality.

8. jean-luc davis

Shut the FFFFFFRESHFISH UP

I really want the book though. Also "Fartlessness". This band is ridiculous and I love it.

9. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

just fucking lost it over the verizon shirt

10. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

11. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

i just ordered it lol

phillyfradet likes this.
  12. Jakobindeed

I bought the snake shirt immediately when I saw it, I can add it to the collection with the cat shirt the fork and the dog smoking weed shirt

13. jean-luc davis

Shut the FFFFFFRESHFISH UP

They should have done a UPS shirt, or a "Fuck UPS" spoon given their recent troubles with UPS.

RobbieBerns likes this.
  14. timcsheehan

Regular

seeing them next saturday in Atlanta. im obsessed with Harmlessness, but can't get too much into some of the other stuff for some reason. hoping seeing it live will open me up to it a bit.

what a lineup on that tour. has anyone been yet?

15. tommymcphail

Death To Apathy/Get Busy or Get Left Behind

for me, Harmlessness was completely out of left field, and a huge step forward for them. it fused all the things TWIABP already did well with a little more accessibility, a little more storytelling, and A+ production. i have a lot of respect for this band, after nearly dismissing them entirely on first listen a few years ago.

also, i really hope nobody goes to jail over April Fools 2016. that tumblr book is WILD.

16. JM95

Trusted

Harmlessness was my second favourite album of last year.

GettingSodas and tommymcphail like this.
  17. tommymcphail

Death To Apathy/Get Busy or Get Left Behind

it was definitely in my top ten. my band is recording our next EP with Chris Teti (guitarist of TWIABP, produced Harmlessness) because of how awesome Harmlessness sounded.

phillyfradet likes this.
  18. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

tryna remember the setlist in proper order. think it was;
    blank #11
    January 10 2014
    Heartbeat In the Brain
    From the Crows Nest on Fire Street
    Rage Against the Dying of the Light
    Ra Patera Dance
    Picture of a Tree That Doesn't Look Okay
    Wendover
    We Need More Skulls
    Katamari Duquette

their set actually felt pretty short. after Duquette, i was really surprised that they were leaving the stage already. i was bummed i didn't get to hear I Can Be Afraid of Anything

19. Jakobindeed

I feel like every time I see them their set feels very short, last time with Foxing it only felt like about 35-40 minutes compared to Foxing's hour

20. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

just saw their tour pressing of Harmlessness. glad I haven't bought this on vinyl yet, will definitely snag that next month.

21. felipecardel

formless in the night Prestigious

this band dominated my life for a good few months after Harmlessness was released. a timeless record for me. love that they're so prolific

22. Anti-Counter-Culture

Regular

Listened to Harmlessness for the first time today. Although I liked it a lot, I think I prefer Whatever, If Ever for now. There's a good chance this could grow on me with time, as the other certainly did. I'd kill to see these guys live someday.

23. White

Cum for the Cum God. Prestigious

Could never get into this band but I just had to come here to say "This Thread Is a Beautiful Place..." surely would've been a better title.

And with that I will show myself out. Apologies for budding in, carry on and enjoy yourselves.

24. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

seeing them live has made me like the harmlessness songs more. still haven't listened to it front to back tho, need 2 do that

25. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

so was dave sounding better this tour then?