Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The World Is a Beautiful Thread & I Am No Longer Afraid to Post Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by AndrewSoup, Mar 11, 2016.

1. AndrewSoup Mar 11, 2016
    (Last edited: Aug 2, 2017)
    AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

The World Is a Beautiful Place & I Am No Longer Afraid to Die is a collective emo/post-rock/indie band originally from Willimantic, CT
    They formed in 2009, their full length releases to date include;
    Whenever, If Ever (2013)
    Harmlessness (2015)
    Always Foreign (2017)

downloaded a lot of their earlier stuff recently and finding lots of things to love. I saw where Ra Patera Dance got some of their lyrics from Eyjafjallajokull Dance (damn that name)

I want my corpse to be buried with a copy of Harmlessness

GettingSodas likes this.
  2. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

did you type that (the song title) out or copy/paste it?

i love whenever, if ever and formlessness, but never got through all of harmlessness. i should revisit it sometime. i liked the first song tho

3. AndrewSoup

typed it.

i actually got into Harmlessness much quicker than those last two. the midsection of Whenever always loses me.
    listening to Harmlessness just enraptures me so much, i just have to listen to every song in sequence. it just begs to be heard front to back, the transitions are so seamless, all of the members are just on point musically

4. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

Harmlessness made it almost impossible to listen to anything else of theirs, enormous step forward from a band that's always been killer

Their live performance has suffered a bit though, David's live vocals have been really off lately. Feel like he tries to oversing too often

tommymcphail likes this.
  5. AndrewSoup

his voice seemed off in those live performance videos they did for Rage Against the Dying of the Light/Ra Patera Dance and I Can Be Afraid of Anything

and of the two splits they have recently, i think Death To New Years is the superior one. "From The Crows Nest on Fire Street" is just total gold

6. cwhit

Yeah, those videos were baaaaad. He wasn't as bad when I saw him but the vocals were still not as good as I remember him being. The beginning of Rage just hurts to think about

7. AndrewSoup

he was singing way too high in that vid

8. Got Harmlessness on vinyl today and listened to it for the first time in a while. The drumming on that album is so impressive.

AndrewSoup likes this.
  9. AndrewSoup

i really really really need this album on vinyl but i really want to have a colored pressing and i'm wondering if i should buy the black one now, or wait and see what the next pressing variants are

10. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

A+ thread title.

11. AndrewSoup

fuck, i'm just realizing i should've made it "The Thread Is a Beautiful Place..."

12. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

I believe you can edit thread titles here.

13. PyramidPostcard

avocado squirrel rides again Prestigious

both their full-lengths are among the genre's best imo

AndrewSoup likes this.
  14. GettingSodas

Chorus.fm Resident Soda Expert Prestigious

this thread title is gr8

15. AndrewSoup

16. GettingSodas

Chorus.fm Resident Soda Expert Prestigious

omg yes

17. RobbieBerns

@robbieberns Prestigious

When I was TWIABP last fall Derrick said they were doing a collab LP with Empire! Empire! Might have been fucking with me though.

18. AndrewSoup

i heard "World Empire" was a project in the works for a while now, but what with Empire Empire! breaking up i'm not sure if it's still a sure thing

19. PyramidPostcard

avocado squirrel rides again Prestigious

Forgot about that. I hope that gets released as like a final E!E! album or whatever.

20. AndrewSoup

yeah, i don't really listen to e!e! but that'd be an interesting project

21. Deathco_019

Drummer

I need to revisit Harmlessness sometime. It's been months since I've listened to it. I agree that it's quite a leap above Whenever, If Ever and anything else I've heard from them.

22. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

I've been trying for awhile to get into these guys and Harmlesness finally clicked with me.

23. AndrewSoup

ooooo, they have a tour cover variant of Harmlessness that i need to pick up so bad. i gotta see if IIOI is gonna have a tour variant as well

24. cwhit

They do, gold vinyl, Evan posted about it on the day the album was announced

AndrewSoup likes this.
  25. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

I think there was one for IIOI but I'm not sure if it's for the VIP package only.