Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The World Is A Beautiful Place & I Am No Longer Afraid To Die - Illusory Walls (10/8/21) • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by ItsAndrew, Aug 2, 2021.

1. fucking COSIGNED

it's so good

Leftandleaving likes this.
  2. OneWing

Regular

Gotta say, I fell off this band quite a while ago but just checked out Queen Sophie for President and I am on board again. Will have to go back and re-visit some of the other stuff from the past couple years.

matthaber likes this.
  3. navidson

Regular

This is wonderful - Thank you so much for pointing me in the direction of it!

4. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

coleslawed likes this.
  5. I don't want to be annoying but this thread should be bursting at the seams with hype imo!!!

matthaber likes this.
  6. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

i physically couldnt be any more excited so im trying not to think about it lol

coleslawed and jordalsh like this.
  7. good point lol

8. matthaber

Trouble is next single coming at midnight and its the best song ive ever heard wtf

jordalsh likes this.
  9. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I just realized that the album title might be a possible Dark Souls reference?

coleslawed likes this.
  10. CITYWIIIIIIIIDEEEEEEEEE

11. Sybil

Regular

Yeah, it likely is, since the other track "invading" is a dark souls reference as well. This was mentioned a couple months ago on the Stereogum article I think as well, or somewhere.

Cameron likes this.
  12. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

Should I just hold off until the album comes out Friday?

13. Trouble is my second favorite on the record (and my favorite under 15 minutes)

14. matthaber

album seems so long 3 singles seems fine to me .

15. matthaber

Trouble is like if Broken Social Scene had mall emo break downs

coleslawed and jordalsh like this.
  16. My interview with Chris will go live on Wednesday

17. I felt like I could barely scratch the surface of this thing in this format, but here's my review!

18. matthaber

i really want this album right now

19. seanxwilliams

Scar crossed lovers, forever

Those are some very mid-00's song titles

20. this is definitely their best album

21. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

I don't know this band very well. I went to listen to their older albums again after the 2 new singles and there is a clear growth in the song writing. Stoked to hear this whole thing.

22. Trouble is on streaming now

23. Sybil

Regular

"Taken from the unlikely source of the Dark Souls video game, IllusoryWalls, explains Bello, “refers to a hidden surface that seems to prevent entry, but upon inspection is nothing more than a visual illusion.”

That is a quote directly from TWIABP website, so it's definitely Dark Souls references.

Contender and Cameron like this.
  24. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

This song is wild, and again, I'm struck by how good this sounds. Those riffs are huge, and when they bring back the slower part after the faster riff... *chef's kiss*

matthaber likes this.
  25. It’s all Chris too basically

matthaber likes this.