Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The World Is A Beautiful Place... - Always Foreign (September 29, 2017) Album • Page 35

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cwhit, Jul 31, 2017.

1. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

i do think however this tours setlist flowed the best of any of the times ive seen them

cwhit likes this.
  2. Sybil Jun 17, 2018
    (Last edited: Jun 19, 2018)
    Sybil

Regular

Yeah, I've seen them live like 4-5 times now...and it's been pretty boring most the time. They barely do any banter, the songs flow into eachother a lot, the members have almost zero stage-presence or energy(most just stand around, looking somewhat bored on stage). And the actual vocal performances were....okay, nothing amazing.

This is one of my favorite bands, has been for years. But.....they def could improve some on the live aspect imo.

jpmalone4 likes this.
  3. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

i don't think most of those traits matter for this band. who cares how much they move around, they're basically a post rock band, that's like expecting godspeed you to have stage presence

coleslawed and Contender like this.
  4. Mandala

Would You Still Be In Love?

Caspian is a post rock band that absolutely brings it live

But I don't expect a band with close to around 10 members on stage to have much presence.

coleslawed likes this.
  5. Jesse West

Cursed by my ancestry

I actually really like when songs flow together. Different strokes.

coleslawed, cwhit, Contender and 3 others like this.
  6. owenlongsworth

Regular

Looks like we’re getting an hour long live album with the 5 piece horn section.

Nick, FrankieThe4th and coleslawed like this.
  7. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

RIP Tom Diaz- way too young

Sybil and Jesse West like this.
  8. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

This record never clicked for me the way harmlessness did.

9. owenlongsworth

Regular

Fuck. I remember him leaving the band while recording Whenever, If Ever because of health problems but wasn’t aware things were that bad. (Assuming that’s what it’s from)

His vocals and the rawness of the band’s earlier stuff makes that era so special. The split with Deer Leap might still be my favorite thing these guys have done. And he sounds amazing on the songs he sung on Whenever, If Ever.

10. username

hey you lil piss baby

This is so devastating. I’ve always loved their work with him the most. This is honestly one of the best song I’ve ever heard and I’m pretty sure he never even recorded it.

Sybil and Larry David like this.
  11. matthaber

RIP :(

Larry David likes this.
  12. jols Nov 3, 2018
    (Last edited: Jul 18, 2019)
    jols

Trusted Prestigious

This is so sad. He was only in the band for those few years, but I think his voice is what most people associate with The World Is. It took me a while to come around to this band and the vocal style but after I finally did I have always regretted not appreciating it sooner. Rest easy :(

13. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Damn. Formlessness and the Deer Leap split were my go to tunes for riding my bike around in college. Pretty much fell off the band after he left. RIP

drewinseries and Larry David like this.
  14. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Heartbroken. Rip

Larry David likes this.
  15. Doomsday

Trusted Prestigious

Super sad, RIP. Does anybody have any more information as to what happened/what his illness was?

Sybil and Larry David like this.
  16. Horrorca

Trusted

rip

whenever was a very special record for me once upon a time (and still is really)

Larry David likes this.
  17. matthaber Nov 3, 2018
    (Last edited: Nov 3, 2018)
    matthaber

i always wished I got to see them live with Tom but never got the chance. I can pretty much attribute my entire introduction into the "emo" scene to those early world is records. They will always hold a special place in my heart.

Larry David likes this.
  18. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Damn. Saw Tom sing with them live multiple times. Really sad, RIP.

Larry David likes this.
  19. T.J.

music and baseball.

damn this sucks

Larry David likes this.
  20. Sybil Nov 4, 2018
    (Last edited: May 4, 2019)
    Sybil

Regular

Yeah, I'd like to know also. This is so sad. But I'm glad he's not in pain anymore.

Definitely had a couple little cries today about this while watching some live videos of him.

Larry David likes this.
  21. username

hey you lil piss baby

Another favorite :(

22. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

are there live TWIABP with Tom out there? Could never find any

23. matthaber

live videos?

24. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Nice, thanks!

25. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Absolutely heartbreaking. Original formlessness on repeat.