Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The World Is A Beautiful Place... - Always Foreign (September 29, 2017) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cwhit, Jul 31, 2017.

1. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

Aaron Weiss doing guest vocals is awesome!

coleslawed likes this.
  2. tucah

not champ Prestigious

single's fucking great

3. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

4. cwhit

- Pre-order comes with download of tracks "Dillon and Her Son" on 8/1, "Marine Tigers" on 8/29, and "Gram" on 9/26

5. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

The World is a Beautiful Place & I am No Longer Afraid To Die Announce New Album 'Always Foreign'

Also today, The Fader premieres “Dillon and Her Son,” the kinetic and shimmering lead single from Always Foreign. One of the album’s most blatantly upbeat tracks, “Dillon and Her Son” speaks out against “getting older and becoming the kind of person who resents younger people for having fun and doing something new,” according to TWIABP bassist/vocalist Joshua Cyr. The song features Aaron Weiss from mewithoutyou singing guest vocals.

6. cwhit

interesting

i know chad from emperor x recorded vocals with TWIABP, curious to see if they made it anywhere

7. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Song's cool. Hope they continue to improve.

8. cwhit

if you like this song and haven't listened to the anniversary, you should do that now

9. Horrorca

Trusted

cool song! almost a power pop affair - muscular, energetic, short... basically a tease I guess

10. nice Anniversary shout out in that Fader article

cwhit likes this.
  11. cwhit

hahahaha i didn't even read that in the article before i posted that comparison, nice.

jordalsh likes this.
  12. it is VERY DANB for sure

cwhit likes this.
  13. cwhit

the synth sound especially

14. even the way it's mixed haha -- very LOUD synth

cwhit likes this.
  15. Song is really cool and I love that Anniversary influence.

16. art work is very This is a Long Drive...

EmmanuelSCastle likes this.
  17. ship90

Trusted

Really enjoy this track. Very interested to hear what the rest of the record sounds like.

18. Jim

Trusted Supporter

sweet

19. Sybil

Regular

I'm a huge World Is...fan but this song does very little for me. The vocals are very subdued. The synth is *very* high up in the mix imo. The lyrics are pretty whateve.

It feels like it's trying to be this energetic song but something doesnt translate for me. It feels a little like they're on auto-pilot(I know it's silly to make that judgement off of one song, but that's all we have for now). I feel like they could've wrote this song in a few hrs....and that wouldnt surprise me.

The album artwork's not bad. Though it doesnt really seem like a World Is... album cover at all though. Manchester Orchestra's new album artwork(and their singles artwork) is more World Is... than this is heh.

Regardless, excited for a new album!

20. Horrorca Jul 31, 2017
    (Last edited: Jul 31, 2017)
    Horrorca

Trusted

I agree it's the weakest I've heard from them, but it's cool

they will never top WIE but I'm OK with that - this might still be a cool record

also agree with your comments on the album cover

I guess Nicole was p essential to their original sound... let's see how this plays out

21. jols

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah Nicole generally had more input than anyone else

22. cwhit

lotta weird opinions popping in here so lately

23. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Not loving this song. Exciting whoever said the vocals sound weird for the music behind them

24. JM95

Trusted

I like it, although I agree with the comment about the vocals sounding a little subdued, for whatever reason.

So excited for this album. Tied with the Jamie Lenman release for most anticipated in the latter part of the year.

25. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Damn yes!!