Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Word Alive Part Ways With Luke Holland

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 4, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

The Word Alive are parting ways with drummer Luke Holland after this tour. The full statement from the band can be found below.

We’re writing you this afternoon with some bitter sweet news. After almost 5 years of being a part of the TWA family, Luke Holland will be saying goodbye at the end of this year. The Overdose Tour will be his final tour. We’ve been through so much together, and that is a bond that will last a life time. However, it’s time for Luke to explore other musical endeavors and pursue passions outside of The Word Alive. We wish him nothing but the best, and sincerely support him in his future just as he supports us in ours. We decided to let you know before the tour so you could have the opportunity to celebrate this chapter coming to an end with us, instead of being blind-sided at the start of the new year.
    We’re continuing on, finishing the Dark Matter album cycle with some incredible tours all over the world in 2017. The Overdose Tour will feature our longest headlining set to date including songs we’ve never played live before, as well as some songs we haven’t played in years. Make sure you grab your general admission tickets at wearethewordalive.com and if your heart desires, VIP tickets at TWA.soundrink.com

We look forward to sharing our music with you for years to come.

See you soon,
    Telle, Tony, Zack, Daniel & Luke

2. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

Good move on his part. Luke will become the next Ilan Rubin or Josh Freese.

joe.boy.fresh. and beachdude42 like this.
  3. SkyGrowsBigger

Regular

Thank goodness they've spared us the devastation of being "blind-sided" by this news in 2017.

4. thechetearly

Regular

This dude was always waaaaaaay too good for this band anyways. He'll be fine, band will continue to be awful.

Luroda, xthisislove and beachdude42 like this.
  5. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Luke was far too talented for that band... glad he's moving on.

I agree.

6. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

Luke is great but I haven't listened to TWA in what seems like forever, actually kinda happy about this.

7. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Luke is one of the best drummers in the game who doesn't have a proper outlet for his talents, except for the covers he does on youtube.

Luroda likes this.
  8. SayWhatIsReal.com

Would love to see him join I See Stars... he killed it on Treehouse.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  9. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

This band is just awful and Telle is horrible live. Luke always seems to kill it though

10. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

I See Stars is still a band?

11. carlosonthedrums

Cooler than a polar bear's toenails Prestigious

Pretty sure he's gonna follow a path similar to Mike Johnston or Mike Mangini and take advantage of those incredible chops to teach and do clinics. He's become an incredible brand on his own and is one of those drummers who doesn't need a band to further his career. Good spot to be in.

InfiniteArms likes this.
  12. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Lol at I See Stars

13. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

I See Stars is still a band and they released a much better album than just about any of their contemporaries in 2016. Luke Holland played drums on the record.

14. The Mysterious

Yes...but a thing isn't beautiful because it lasts

"Their contemporaries" being?

15. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

The band in this thread specifically a major one, just about any band you'd expect them to tour with, I suppose.

16. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Good. I hate Luke but it's because he makes fairly good drummers like me look like n00bs.

17. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Basically I envy the shit out of the playing ability of that kid. I play maybe 5 hours a week, and I know I'm good. Luke wrecks me. He must live on that kit.

18. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Which is weird, I can't find much luck as a drummer but apparently they are in high demand, all musicians say it. Luke will find his niche.

19. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Neat idea, personally the idea of not being a cohesive unit freaks me out. I don't like lineup changes, I like it when musicians pick a band and stick w/ it. Which is kind of hypocritical since my favorite band is Underoath. I feel like us drummers need to belong...somewhere.

20. PureBlueSF

Regular Supporter

Kinda sucks, I felt like they were just starting to properly utilize him on parts of Dark Matter. Oh well.

21. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Such a great drummer. Will be interesting to see what bands he lends his talents to in the future.

I always thought The Word Alive were better than most of the other bands in their scene so this is a shame.

22. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

Luke is great. Would love to see him team up with JP Bouvet and do some clinics. They'd tear it up on tour together

23. sebastianrcgr

word. although Luke Holland could be in a better band than ISS

24. sebastianrcgr

tbf they were, then they went into shit after Deceiver

The Mysterious likes this.