Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Wonder Years Band • Page 99

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

Fucks sake. Looks like they're both playing 14 songs total, but that's a shame. Thanks though.

Carrow likes this.
  2. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

Not to derail the thread with more questions, but have you any idea on set times? My ticket says doors at 6pm which seems crazy early. Don't wanna go early if the first support isn't till 8pm like usual shows or whatever.

3. Glasgow as baseline means TWY should be on around 8.15 - don't hang around if you want a good spot:

AFoolsGlory likes this.
  4. leerkat

relentlessly nosy bastard

they were on at 8:15!

Carrow likes this.
  5. rbsfeatures

Regular

I would quite like that if I was going - don't have to sit through Mayday and can get home earlier or go out!

6. tyler2tall

Trusted Supporter

Can someone who is a member of SDPS send me a PM?

7. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

PM'd

8. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

I am loving SDPS btw

9. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

What is SDPS

DrAlanGrant likes this.
  10. J12

Trusted Supporter

Sun Drenched Pavement Society, The Wonder Years' subscription service/club/community. Basically, you pay a monthly membership fee (plus shipping) and receive a unique merch item that will never be sold elsewhere every month, plus get access to a special social media account where they post exclusive stuff (including some demos, covers, etc.) Supposedly, it will eventually include pre-sale info and other show related stuff too.

I've loved it so far, too. March's item was my favorite.

11. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

It's pretty cool, I really like the bobblehead.

The almost $30 a month in my opinion hasn't really been worth it but I know there's a ton of time left and they said some months would be items lower than the price point and some higher

smowashere likes this.
  12. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

I personally LOVE that cover we got

13. Kelsey

Regular

I liked this month a lot. Excited to see what the rest of the year is like.

Anyone else gonna be in AC tomorrow?

smowashere likes this.
  14. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

what did you guys get?

15. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

16. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

Dan seems to be posting studio pictures on Instagram, is this anything to do with the band? Or do we know what it's for? Seems a bit soon after SC for a new record.

17. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

I think the guys are all getting into producing as their secondary careers

18. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Think it might be another Burst & Decay style EP

19. tomtom94

Trusted

Dan was a really good fit for Trash Boat on their debut and I'd love to see him produce more records.

sonder and AWasteOfATime like this.
  20. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

thisthisthisthis
    was bummed he didnt do their second one

I think that's the reason they're like the only newest wave of pop punk (real friends, knuckle puck, neck deep, etc) band that i like at all

sonder likes this.
  21. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

Upon further inspection, you're probably right. I presumed the pictures were all new and he was talking about making a record with them as in writing a record. But clicking onto the guys profiles, the pictures are all older and advertising production slots available, so don't think it's for anything TWY related.

Sorry for getting people's hopes up haha.

22. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

I do think that they will definitely do some kind of upsides shows or tour next year.

and that a ton of that wave of pop punk bands (fireworks, man overboard, this time next year, make do and mend, the swellers, title fight, etc) will start cashing in on 10 year tours like clockwork in 2020 and 21

23. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

sonder, FrankieThe4th and Kelsey like this.
  24. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

I think fireworks is one of the safest bets. might wait until 21 to do the gospel 10 year though.

a combo Suburbia/Gospel ten year tour would RIPPPPPPP

kkhawk24, JBoch, sonder and 2 others like this.