Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Wonder Years Band • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. dotKev

@dotkevin

Anyone think they may go on another US tour within the next year?

2. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

I'm sure they will. But also I can see that this albums cycle is coming to an end quick.

3. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

Can see a fall tour, and then them kind of chilling out for a bit. They've toured almost non-stop for quite a while now.

4. marioeatworld

Keep on moving. Busy street.

They haven't toured continental Europe since 2013/2014, just the UK. I'm really hoping they will this fall or winter. I have never been to one of their shows and they are easily in my top 3 bands of all time.

However, they are not that popular over here, so I might have to wait a few more years.

5. tyler2tall

Trusted Supporter

What ever happened to those 10-year shows they filmed?

JBoch likes this.
  6. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

Probably just became not worth it to release.

7. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

As far as I could tell at the end of last year, they were waiting until the hype of NCTH and the tours following it were done. If it's happening I'd expect Summer or early Fall. I'm just waiting patiently hoping for something. At this point I don't expect the full sets from each night to be released, but a compilation of sorts.

8. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

I kind of assumed the JJR thing soured their plans for a release. But I'm still hoping!

9. PatRFinley

Early Onset Grump LFGM Supporter

This is my guess as well

10. josh.

I've been listening to NCTH quite a bit this week. It's grown on me a lot. I haven't seen them live in a few years, so I haven't seen these tracks played in person yet, but I spent a few hours on YouTube this morning watching performances and really enjoyed them.

beachdude42 likes this.
  11. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

Only song I didn't like live that I've seen is Patsy Cline. Huge TWY fan here and that's the only song I've never enjoyed, even on an album. I was hoping it'd sound better live and it sounds even weaker than on NCTH.
    One song that was real emotional live was I Wanted So Badly To Be Brave and the speech Dan gave before the song.

12. josh.

Would you mind summarizing what he said? I love stuff like this; it really adds to the experience.

13. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

Here's a little video from one of the dates I was at. The speech was a little longer but this sums it up pretty well.

josh. likes this.
  14. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

And while I'm sharing live videos, this is one of my favorite shows I've ever been to.

josh. likes this.
  15. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

does anyone know who plays horns on the aaron west ep?

:/

16. Mike Kelly, Dave Heck, and Juan Lopez.

beachdude42 and pauljgreco like this.
  17. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

that's v good to hear

18. Tom

It's way too late, or much too early Prestigious

New Aaron West is great. Soupy has done good with these songs.

19. "'67 Cherry Red" grew on me a ton, but I'm still unsure about the other two songs.

20. Justin Roux

Trusted Supporter

The second song reminds me a lot of "Divorce and the American South"

Jose likes this.
  21. btr

Trusted Supporter

Surprised we never got a proper TWY acoustic EP. Was always hoping they'd put something out in between releases.

22. marioeatworld

Keep on moving. Busy street.

I think the Aaron West EP is brilliant. I didn't know what to expect since Soupy had that writer's block last year but the lyrics are as good as usual, maybe even better than some of NCtH.

23. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

I think I'm reaching a point to where I prefer Aaron West to TWY, if only because AW is more interesting musically. Dans voice just becomes exhausting after a while.

24. felipecardel

formless in the night Prestigious

they're coming down here in august and i couldn't be more excited. sucks that it'll be filled with NCTH songs.

the Aaron West EP is very good, though i was hoping for a full-length.

25. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

Wonder where they'll be playing on this tiny UK tour they've just teased... Would kill for a show near me