Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Wonder Years Band • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

I personally felt the most recent time I saw them (in Saginaw, MI) was the best they have sounded live to date (minus their 10-year anniversary shows). Hope they announce a summer tour sometime soon!

2. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

Wish I would have gone to the 10 year shows.

3. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

Seriously three of the best days of my life.

jmitch0906 likes this.
  4. latenesswill Apr 3, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 3, 2016)
    latenesswill

New In The City But Down For The Night

Their support slot to Enter Shikari in London was one of the best performances I've seen in years.

5. PatRFinley

Early Onset Grump LFGM Supporter

Yeah that was probably one of the best weekends of my life. Between being in a hotel room with great friends, seeing so many amazing bands, and all the cheese steak I could eat, I'll never forget it.

6. Thomas Nassiff

i wrote it down for you Verified

such a memorable weekend ... i thought the Suburbia show would be the wildest, but people really got into the TGG songs too.

pauljgreco likes this.
  7. Brenden Apr 5, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 5, 2016)
    Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

They always talk about their first show in NC and how they ended up not playing because the venue (a skate park) had no one show up. I always wonder if that was the show when I first heard of them and couldn't find anyone to go with me so I didn't show up.

It was months before Upsides so I feel like they had a small following by then.

8. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

watching the place explode at the climax of devil in my bloodstream was unreal

9. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

pauljgreco likes this.
  10. felipecardel

formless in the night Prestigious

i haven't revisited NCTH in forever and still like the same few songs: Patsy Cline, Bluest Things, Glass Ceilings, You In January and Cigarettes & Saints kinda. the rest just feels like inferior versions of things they've already done. i still love Soupy's lyricism and still think Suburbia and TGG are near-masterpieces. excited for the new Aaron West as well.

11. Emotherapy

Regular

The 10 year shows were filmed, right? Whatever happened to that? It's been over a year now.

12. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

Probably Waiting for the blinkumentary to come out first.

13. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

Suburbia at the ten year shows was the best they've ever sounded.

14. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

Thoughts on Patsy Cline? I've never really had a Wonder Years song I've disliked, but I can't get into it. The chorus comes off so weak, and obviously the mix on NCTH is meh at best. I was hoping seeing the song live would change my opinion on it but I can't seem to get into it.

15. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

Anyone that saw them on this tour what kind of hoody did he say he was wearing in the living room song?

At mine it was a black flag hoody. Curious if he ever changed it up show to show since he did on both recordings.

16. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

grew out of this band a little bit. it's wild cause they were a huge part of my life for so long. saw them 10 times in a year when the upsides came out.

Brenden likes this.
  17. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

Saw three dates of the tour. He said "fucking letlive hoodie," kind of mumbled the other time, and the last date he slowly said "Tiny Moving Parts hoodie." It was funny to see it change at each of the dates

18. Pretty sure it was "New Found Glory hoodie" at my date.

19. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Probably one of my least favorites on the new album if not my least favorite

20. Ibesmokin

Like the rest of the album it took a while to grow on me. Come to think of it Patsy was one of favorites at first, but like you said something about that chorus is off-putting

21. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

It's so strange. The chorus just falls flat but I can't put my finger on exactly what it is besides saying it sounds weak.

22. will_000

funny you should ask.

oh yeah. this band defined high school for me and it was weird to not be incredibly stoked for the new record.

23. Lindsay M

drunk on the radio waves

Hmm, Patsy was definitely one of my first favorites along with Palm Reader

24. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

Palm Reader is such a cool song. Was happy with their decision to play the alternate version during their VIP session on the MCS co-headliner tour.

Lindsay M likes this.
  25. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

"New Microwave hoodie" at the Michigan date