Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Wonder Years Band • Page 135

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. karcrashianpanache

hysterical and useless

That really sucks. Glad I got to catch them on the winter dates.

2. chris

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, Portland date less than a month away, anticipating a cancellation

3. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Seen some bands cancelling/re-scheduling just February dates and hoping things will be able to resume around March? Seems optimistic but hope that’s the case here.

4. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

I do think this wave should dissipate by like March-ish (HOPEFULLY) but I know that 2022 is like the most heavily booked year ever so idk how stuff getting pushed back could fit into that.

This one is interesting because we know TWY does have a new album in the can which probably was going to have a summer fall rollout, but I know they want the guarenteed money this tour would net them. wonder what they do...

5. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

Ya know, this really snuck up on me and can't believe the first date is a month away. Sucks that I just cannot see this tour happening fully. Ugh.

6. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

I hope it’s postponed more than cancelled but at this point the tour has been in the works and probably rescheduled numerous times so I assume they might just cancel until we are in the clear which will probably not happen anytime soon. Sucks for everyone involved.

7. J12

Trusted Supporter

I'm way more interested in a new album than I am a tour for these two albums, but obviously I would like both and completely understand why they've been adamant about making these shows happen. I'm sure they'll be pretty lucrative. It'll be a real bummer if they have to cancel it.

This is really going to start becoming a personal decision on the part of bands. The industry isn't going to shut down again - it can't.

brad4846 likes this.
  8. btr

Trusted Supporter

Hope they do what Circa just did and move the first half of this tour so it now starts in March instead of February.

MegT585 and anotherpancake like this.
  9. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

C542072C-5F20-4767-9E68-FF2DA703B493.jpeg

10. Staypositive83

Regular Supporter

He also said that he doesn’t think they will postpone any dates. Crazy to think musicians have to be like pandemic analysts when thinking about this stuff. He referenced watching other countries positivity rates to Omicron.

AWasteOfATime and JoshIsMediocre like this.
  11. 5Stories

Regular

What's the vibe - do we think this is going ahead? Because I'm flying from London to San Diego for this (plus other shows), so feel kinda investment :crylaugh:

12. Staypositive83

Regular Supporter

They’ve been pushing it on their socials. I’d say they are going forward unless people involved with the tour winds up positive.

5Stories and anotherpancake like this.
  13. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

As of now it definitely seems like they're going ahead with everything. Obviously that can change but I think from the vibe I've gotten from their social posts, that unless someone gets Covid or things get worse in the next two weeks, it's a go for them

5Stories and Staypositive83 like this.
  14. Staypositive83

Regular Supporter

They look like they went all out in this tour from pics I’ve seen. They seem to have physical set pieces on stage. Also throwing down 3 encore songs after a 24 song set is impressive. Hope Soupy’s voice holds up and everyone can stay healthy. Also I’m probably gonna need that Hoodie Weather sweatshirt and the posters. I don’t go until the second Philly date so hope they have enough stocked.

15. jayreimenschneider

Regular

Amazing show last night, they sounded so damn good.

16. I only have tickets to one of the Chicago shows right now, but if they're switching out B-sides each night for the encore then I might end up going to both.

17. Looks like maybe they'll close with Living Room Song each night, so it would just be 2 encore songs that rotate.
    edit: sorry, spoiler tags for set info added!

18. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Spoiler tags please!

Now:Navigate! likes this.
  19. Kelsey

Regular

They sounded great the first two nights

20. J12

Trusted Supporter

They've been my favorite band since late in the Upsides cycle, but I only got to see them a couple times in opening slots back during those days, so, needless to say, I'm pretty damn excited to hear these records front to back even though they're toward the back of my rankings now.

anotherpancake likes this.
  21. I'm glad that there's at least one setlist out for each band but I'm realizing I most fans could have guessed Save Face and Origami Angel haha

22. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

Every song they're rotating for the encore is a banger and I wish they could play all of them.

Rawrz and anotherpancake like this.
  23. JoshIsMediocre

The ocean's awesome, and for winners Supporter

The show isn’t sold out or anything but I’ve got an extra ticket for the Dallas show on Friday if anyone wants it!

24. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

My Last Semester, but seeing it played the day before I start my last semester of college

Mister Lyrical and Turkeylegz like this.
    JoshIsMediocre likes this.