Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Wonder Years Band • Page 122

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. I have exactly zero TWY records currently and a repress of The Upsides and/or Suburbia would be wonderful and I would drop bank on that assuming I don't have to import.

beachdude and michael_gatto like this.
  2. and there it is

3. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

Feed me more

4. btr

Trusted Supporter

Bringing Hank back hmm...

5. Mort Michaels

Father, Son, and House of Gucci

I want so badly for this to be a new record, but it is probably an anniversary release of Suburbia, huh?

6. tomtom94

Trusted

"Out on My Feet" was referenced on the Spotify cover of Brakeless so I'm guessing it's a new old song they've dug up or a new song in the style of their old recordings like that was.

Bringing back Hank definitely suggests an anniversary release to me but who knows.

7. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

It's the second song they recorded. They said they did one that was supposed to sound like The Upsides era and one that's supposed to sound like the Suburbia era. "Brakeless" was The Upsides song so "Out On My Feet" is the Suburbia song. Makes sense Hank would be in the video.

8. I was actually surprised when they said "Brakeless" was the Upsides song. That one feels so Suburbia to me.

9. karcrashianpanache

hysterical and useless

I'm assuming this is going to be some either box set/anthology thing for both upsides + suburbia. Dan posted a test pressing of a side G i think a few months ago. Would make sense for both albums + bonus tracks + these 2 new ones.

10. subplotofcrows

A Grand Scene For A Color Film Prestigious

Maybe it’s some sort of vinyl/dvd release of the 10 Year Anniversary shows.

11. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

I think if you put all the bonus/b-sides and the 2 new tracks it would be 4 LPs for an Upsides/Surburbia release.

12. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

its going to be an Upsides and Suburbia 4xLP and some other merch, he mentioned a neon sign (have to assume its the pigeon logo)

Wouldn't hold your breath on the 10 year shows, I think all of that footage was famously lost.

beachdude and karcrashianpanache like this.
  13. The Upsides anniversary repress fit everything on 4 sides so Brakeless probably slots in there, and Suburbia finally gets the 2xLP press it deserves with the bonus tracks and new song, is my guess.

14. Not lost, just didn’t turn out as good as they had hoped.

15. Clockwork

Regular

I just bought a sort of expensive pressing of The Upsides like two months ago, but it looks like I’ll have to buy it again lmao

smowashere likes this.
  16. seanxwilliams

Scar crossed lovers, forever

Im getting very nervous about this release in that I hope whatever this merch is appears on their UK/EU store too, and isn’t US only

SamLevi11 and AFoolsGlory like this.
  17. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

agreed

18. it sounds like my life as rob gordon to me

19. There is no way this is a US-only thing if it's some anniversary shit.

20. Midnight local time for the new song!

troyplaysbass likes this.
  21. This song is great. Feels less like Suburbia to me than “Brakeless” did, and more like a hypothetical 2012 album that would also have included “Me Vs the Highway.”

22. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

23. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

This song is fucking incredible. Truly this band can do no wrong.

24. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

Song is great, was cool to get more of this style after so many years.

25. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Both songs are so good and I would like them to make another record in this vein

Steeeve Perry likes this.