The Wonder Years Band • Page 110

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. pauljgreco

hello. Supporter

That version of Palm Reader is way better than the electric one imo. Love them both but the acoustic version blows me away.

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  2. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime

this has several of my absolute favorite TWY tracks on it, it rules so much. It must get lonely into culdesac are you fucking kidding me

3. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

They killed it with this one. It Must Get Lonely, Cul-de-sac, and Hoodie Weather were already three of my favorite TWY songs and these versions take them to the next level. Also makes me realize I’ve been butchering some lyrics for years.

AWasteOfATime likes this.
  4. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

On a side note I really wish they acknowledged Logan circle: a new hope on this tour. It almost feels like the first Burst & Decay song, or at least like it laid some ground work for it. I’m dying to see the setlist but I also kind of want to hold out since my date is only 10Ish days in

Mister Lyrical, sonder and pauljgreco like this.
  5. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I feel like they'll never play it again, I would kill for it though

6. pauljgreco

hello. Supporter

Think the only time I saw them do Logan Circle: A New Hope was some acoustic shows in like, 2013/2014? I never thought of that as kind of the start to Burst & Decay style songs, but it definitely feels that way.

7. Kelsey

Regular

Definitely liking this one more than the first. Think WSP is still my favorite but digging the whole thing.

8. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

for real, it's stayed in my top 10 TWY despite all the quality they've dropped since lmao. can't wait to hear the acoustic version

9. Snoblin

Chaotic-Good Goblin Person Prestigious

I'd like to retract any insult or mockery that I've issued to anyone who got a "Chin up, and we'll drown a little slower" tattoo with a picture of an anchor between 2008 & 2013.

Maybe I'm regressing as I approach 28, but I think that tattoo is actually pretty badass both within, and outside of, the context of Salinger.

10. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime

JBoch likes this.