Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Wonder Years Band • Page 110

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

Think the only time I saw them do Logan Circle: A New Hope was some acoustic shows in like, 2013/2014? I never thought of that as kind of the start to Burst & Decay style songs, but it definitely feels that way.

2. Kelsey

Regular

Definitely liking this one more than the first. Think WSP is still my favorite but digging the whole thing.

3. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

for real, it's stayed in my top 10 TWY despite all the quality they've dropped since lmao. can't wait to hear the acoustic version

Jdaniels likes this.
  4. Snoblin

Goblin Person Prestigious

I'd like to retract any insult or mockery that I've issued to anyone who got a "Chin up, and we'll drown a little slower" tattoo with a picture of an anchor between 2008 & 2013.

Maybe I'm regressing as I approach 28, but I think that tattoo is actually pretty badass both within, and outside of, the context of Salinger.

5. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

JBoch likes this.
  6. SmithBerryCrunch Mar 16, 2020
    (Last edited: Mar 17, 2020)
    SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

These ska covers are always so fun. Jeremy plays in We Are The Union.

CAC3, Jesse West, sonder and 5 others like this.
  7. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

love jeremy, a king

8. btr

Trusted Supporter

TWY needs more trumpets! And lol at the Soupy hat grab. So accurate

9. US Camera

A Humble Snail Prestigious

FYI Jeremy uses they/them pronouns pretty publicly

but correct, they rule

10. SmithBerryCrunch Mar 17, 2020
    (Last edited: Mar 17, 2020)
    SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Thanks for clarifying that! Edited my post.

US Camera likes this.
  11. Snoblin

Goblin Person Prestigious

Been heavily revisiting The Upsides over the past several weeks. Honestly, if you drop Melrose diner, this record is my favorite thing they've done. I think that may be due to the simplistic nature of the internal struggles.

Logan Circle hit me harder than ever before a couple weeks ago and I keep revisiting it trying to understand why I'm connecting to it so much more at 27 then when I was 18. (Maybe the aimlessness of general anxiety and the ways that people cope just makes more sense to me now)

12. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Yeah, even tho it’s not my fav twy album it’s a masterpiece imo, and probably the easiest for me to just throw on

BigMouth, Joe4th and Snoblin like this.
  13. I still love it and it will probably always mean a ton to me even though it's certainly flawed

14. I still think there’s a strong case to be made that it’s their best album

Steeeve Perry likes this.
  15. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

16. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

holy moly

17. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

insane

18. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

He's in "The Wonder Years Collective" group on Facebook selling off stuff if anyone is interested.

Carrow likes this.
  19. brendanmachow

not a doctor

bonkers

my eyes have to be deceiving me

20. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

B2007EC1-CE36-4EF7-AD3F-E28E64335688.png 7300761D-CE52-4350-985B-E86B8C0DD21F.png

I would like to see it.

21. AFoolsGlory, soggytime and smowashere like this.
  22. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Mark is a great producer, would love to see him do like an EP or album with TWY.

smowashere and AFoolsGlory like this.
  23. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Yikes. No thank you.

ItsAndrew, sonder and Joe4th like this.
  24. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Dan is already miles and miles above Mark Hoppus in terms of songwriting, and has been for years, so yeah I’d prefer Mark stayed away thanks.

ItsAndrew, sonder, btr and 5 others like this.
  25. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

I get feeling that way about his writing, but he did produce the two best MCS records, a good Matches record, and a meh NFG record that at least sounded well produced.

I’d need a sample before commiting to an album, but I don’t think it’d be bad at all if they wanted to do something with a little more polish to the production.

Allhailburnzy likes this.