Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Wonder Years Band • Page 109

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. j0nnymarrzbar

Regular

Passing Through a Screen Door is next level

JBoch and Maybevictor like this.
  2. J12

Trusted Supporter

Got my vinyl earlier today. Giving it a spin now. This thing is incredible, and quite a marked improvement over the first (which was also very good.)

j0nnymarrzbar likes this.
  3. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

Stream of their radio performance today

pauljgreco likes this.
  4. This is so much better than the first one. This version of Hoodie Weather is stunning. Also Cul-De-Sac is still one of if not the best Wonder Years song

5. what

Regular

Really enjoying this. My favorite so far is It Must Get Lonely, but that’s easily a top 5 TWY song for me so that’s not surprising. Hopefully they keep making these. I did a discog run recently and there’s a lot of songs I would love hear reworked.. bar bands, now I’m nothing, thanks for the ride, bastards, don’t open the fridge (or really anything from the old splits/eps). Excited to see them in a couple weeks.

6. rbsfeatures

Regular

Couldn't have asked for a better list of songs to choose - Cul-de-Sac, Hoodie Weather, It Must Get Lonely, WSP all in my top 10 - but I don't love the whole format in general. Not complaining as no harm in having a few different versions, but not something I'll listen to a lot. In a way I wish they were a bit more experimental, reworking some lyrics etc, a bit more like with Logan Circle: A New Hope

pauljgreco likes this.
  7. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Feel like people here didn't vibe with Hoodie Weather much but that song has always slapped.

Rowan5215 likes this.
  8. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

Starting my day listening to this and it's great. Hoodie Weather is probably my favorite on here, but WSP and Cul-de-sac aren't far behind.

Maybevictor likes this.
  9. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

I think people vibed hard with Hoodie Weather when it came out (and even before that the forum was buzzing about the track title) but as they started to release more music and it started getting dropped from the setlists it kind of fell by the wayside a little bit.

10. terps12

Regular

I haven't revisited Sister Cities since it came out. Listened again recently as I'm seeing them in a week or two and still found it borderline unlistenable.

11. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I can’t imagine calling Sister Cities borderline unlistenable lol

SamLevi11 likes this.
  12. terps12

Regular

NCTH was just a significantly better version of everything on Sister Cities.

13. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

To me, I think Sister Cities is a better version of NCTH

AWasteOfATime likes this.
  14. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

I'm not the biggest fan of either, but this is an absolute wild take.

15. Loving this whole EP, but these versions of “Cul-De-Sac” and “Hoodie Weather” are especially wonderful.

CoffeeEyes17 and Maybevictor like this.
  16. arewehavingfunyet

Trusted

Digging this Burst & Decay EP more than the first, probably just because I like the tracks they picked more.

17. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

I think this band does penultimate tracks incredibly well. WSP, Hoodie Weather, Cul De Sacs, Palm Reader, and The Orange Grove are all top tier and it’s nice to have 4 of those songs reinterpreted as acoustic songs. The acoustic version of Palm Reader that came on the NCTH deluxe is underrated.

think I’ll end up liking this more than the first B&D but they’re both phenomenal and show how diverse the band can be

18. omg washington square park

19. this is absolutely lovely

20. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Much better than the first

21. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

That version of Palm Reader is way better than the electric one imo. Love them both but the acoustic version blows me away.

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  22. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

this has several of my absolute favorite TWY tracks on it, it rules so much. It must get lonely into culdesac are you fucking kidding me

23. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

They killed it with this one. It Must Get Lonely, Cul-de-sac, and Hoodie Weather were already three of my favorite TWY songs and these versions take them to the next level. Also makes me realize I’ve been butchering some lyrics for years.

AWasteOfATime likes this.
  24. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

On a side note I really wish they acknowledged Logan circle: a new hope on this tour. It almost feels like the first Burst & Decay song, or at least like it laid some ground work for it. I’m dying to see the setlist but I also kind of want to hold out since my date is only 10Ish days in

25. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I feel like they'll never play it again, I would kill for it though