Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Wonder Years Band • Page 106

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Pepetito

Trusted Supporter

Got it. Love A loss for words and TSSF....not so much the other two.

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  2. This rules

Contender, sonder, BigMouth and 3 others like this.
  3. I might like his version of "All Too Well" as much as the original. What a great cover.

Jdaniels likes this.
  4. Steeeve Perry

Trusted

If anything I think they've been trying too hard to be dynamic, like it's been a real concerted effort the past two albums in particular to be AS LOUD and as quiet as possible. I also saw them described as an emo band the other day and after Sister Cities I can't think of a better descriptor really. Even the love song sounded painfully sad. Love the band though and hope they make it to Oz. Summer has just hit here (over 110 degrees Farenheit all this week) so it's officially time for the annual TWY in-car discography listen through. Suburbia might be my favourite album ever to blast in the car on a summer's day.

Jdaniels and CAC3 like this.
  5. Steeeve Perry

Trusted

Also regarding The Upsides. I disagree that it's of its time and place. I relistened yesterday and it holds up. In my mind I always consider it a less mature first step kinda record. Listening yesterday made me realise it's damn near perfect. I'd take it over any of their other records except Suburbia (and I really like all of them)

Pepetito likes this.
  6. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

That All Too Well cover is awesome.

7. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

It's not really Christmas until I hear this classic

CoffeeEyes17 and JaytotheGee like this.
  8. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I made a playlist while I showered today but for some reason this just played on repeat the whole time but I agree

Yellowcard2006 likes this.
  9. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

They posted the Burst and Decay version of Hoodie Weather for all of the Sun Drenched Pavement Society members. Y’all are in a for a treat with that one come February.

10. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

Is SDPS continuing into 2020?

11. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

Apparently a member emailed them a couple weeks ago asking the same question, their response made it seem that it won’t be returning.

If they do bring it back, it definitely needs a bit of a rework and re-organization. A lot of shipping issues seemed to arise as it went on for many members.

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  12. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Also I didn’t feel like mostly anything was worth the price if I’m being honest

smowashere likes this.
  13. The Sister Cities demo tape and the It Must Get Lonely shirt are probably the only things I would have bought separately at the price they ended up being with shipping. The Hank bobble head is kind of neat too, and my wife loves the sweatpants, but other than that I agree.

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  14. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

yeah some of it was kinda worthwhile but it was definitely a superfan kind of thing and even then half the stuff was barely worth it imo.

15. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

Honestly bummed we never received some sort of vinyl record.

Loved that Bleachers cover though!

16. tyler2tall

Trusted Supporter

Whoa... there was a sister cities demo tape?!?

17. tyler2tall

Trusted Supporter

They should have 2 tiers of SDPS. Digital and Physical.

Charge $30 a year for digital. This is access to the Instagram, presales, and include a full live show audio recording and 4-5 demos/acoustic/covers/bsides. I feel like this is such easy money. Very similar to how Linkin Park used to do their fan club.

For physical, basically do what they are already doing.

beachdude, Jdaniels, kkhawk24 and 2 others like this.
  18. tomtom94

Trusted

birthday 1.png birthday 2.png
    It's my birthday today and I've waited so long to make this joke

19. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

me a month ago lmao

20. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Same lol

21. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

I wonder if he knew he'd end up with a kid and a wife in less than 10 years from writing that song. Inspiring.

22. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

i mean he was already seriously dating alison at the time so,,,,,,,,,,,,probably yeah

23. Happy 10th birthday to a record that pretty much saved my life.

24. New version of “Washington Square Park” is spectacular.

25. Rawrz

Regular

Was always excited to hear Washington Square Park on this, but didnt expect it to be as good as it turned out to be. Makes me excited for what they dud with the other songs on this EP