Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Wonder Years Band • Page 101

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

TSSF is definitely bigger than TWY now but that would be the logical choice for Oasis lol

DrAlanGrant likes this.
  2. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

would be really yikes-inducing if they brought TSSF out

sonder and Carrow like this.
  3. I really hope they don't. Parker Cannon is a misogynistic dick who's literally kicked fans off stage at his terrible band's shows.

FrankieThe4th, sonder and Anthony_ like this.
  4. btr

Trusted Supporter

Would love that but doubt it. This is a cool idea and glad the routing is expanding.

5. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Trash Boat is doing the Oasis set.

sonder likes this.
  6. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

Ace Enders casually mentioned on Lead Singer Syndrome podcast that he’s working on something with The Wonder Years. Burst and Decay 2?

7. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

It better be clear eyes fanzine 2

sonder likes this.
  8. Mister Lyrical

Nope specifically mentioned that he was working with The Wonder Years not just Soupy.

9. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Make the next one full band! Lol I can dream

10. owenlongsworth

Regular

Well, it honestly feels like the Sister Cities album cycle ended a bit ago. So I wouldn’t be surprised if we get a new album next year.

11. zacooper

Regular

Posting in case anyone is interested but starting to part with my massive record collection. This week I'm trying to sell off my Aaron West and The Wonder Years discog. Listing here if anyone is interested.

Lastsliceofpizza likes this.
  12. Henry

Moderator Moderator

13. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

Posted in the tour forum too, but if anybody has an extra ticket for the Philly date of the Halloween shows please let me know!

14. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Tonight was great. They are back in the swing of things. Can’t wait for the potential Upsides tour

finally got to hear Woke Up Older again!!!

CoffeeEyes17 and pauljgreco like this.
  15. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

Did they open with Came Out Swinging?

16. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

Feel like it should be against the law for them to not open with "Came Out Swinging" or close without "The Ocean Grew Hands To Hold Me"

jordalsh likes this.
  17. tomtom94

Trusted

Bit of a niche issue for the Democratic primary

Carrow likes this.
  18. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Is I Don’t Like Who I was Then that big of a song to be the set closer beyond the encore?

I like it. But never thought of it as much more lol

19. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Show was perfect, I don’t think I’ve ever seen Dan having that much fun on stage before. This was basically the exact set list I want from them at this point. All the hits from TGG, a few random Suburbia cuts, the only 3 songs I like off NCTH lol.

JaytotheGee and pauljgreco like this.
  20. tomtom94

Trusted

It is, both on Spotify and Youtube, their most popular song.

Whether that converts into satisfied fans - I don't know. I personally enjoyed both Cigarettes and Saints and Came Out Swinging as closers.

Donnie Ruth likes this.
  21. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

They 99.9% of the time always close with it but I have seen them open with it a few times not this one haha

Agreed! Dan definitely was having a blast. The only song I would have swapped for anything else is Orange Grove also I was the aquabat if you happened to see me there lol

VanMastaIteHab likes this.
  22. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Yeah I always see it up there on Spotify and was always confused. I haven’t seen them live since TGG era (although am seeing them next weekend) so I didn’t really realize that was a huge hit. There’s like 6 songs on that album I prefer to it, but it definitely still is good. I’m sure it’s good live.

23. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Hahaha I think I did see you, I was standing over on the right side near the wall, you walked right past after crowd surfing

JaytotheGee likes this.
  24. tomtom94

Trusted

I'd genuinely be interested to hear more about the song because as far as I can tell it is a genuine organic hit that grew through word of mouth. Unless it appeared in a film I didn't see or something.

25. Mister Lyrical

I could be wrong but if memory serves it got placed on some big streaming playlists by Hopeless which gave it a lot of exposure. Also Lin Manuel Miranda tweeted about it once