Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Wonder Years / Tigers Jaw / Tiny Moving Parts / Worriers Tour • Page 15

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by JaytotheGee, Feb 13, 2018.

1. fluffyjdawg

Regular

I am honestly surprised to hear you know late teens-early 20s folk who like TWY.

I understand the band wanting to play mostly new stuff (although TGG is getting old too). However I guarantee most people in that crowd would have rather heard one song off The Upsides over something like Cul-De-Sac (crowd was pretty dead during that one). It just seems strange that they had to cut one song outta a 19 song set list and choose the only old song.

2. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

This is very dramatic lol

Who else is listening to the Wonder Years? I feel like this is their exact demographic. I went with a group of like 8 early 20s people to the show last night.

Joe4th and joe.boy.fresh. like this.
  3. danielm123

Trusted

As an early 20s person who likes TWY (but also knows all of their old stuff), I'm personally fine with them not playing anything from before Suburbia. It's not that those songs are bad (although some on here would definitely argue that), it's just that the band is really in a completely different place now, both musically and lyrically. I enjoyed seeing IWSAIS in NYC, but as I think I've said elsewhere in this thread, I would've rather seen just about anything else on Sister Cities.

Also, the crowd in New York seemed really into it Cul-de-sac when they played it. It is weird to think of TGG starting to become "old" though

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  4. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

They crushed Spring Fling. Thought we were gonna get a lot of cuts out of the set but besides Scared they didn't cut anything I was bummed about

5. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Yeah, the band wanted to be super vicious and hostile toward their fans so they cut ... the song the least amount of people know.

:crylaugh:

Joe4th and joe.boy.fresh. like this.
  6. fluffyjdawg

Regular

Yeah, the word vicious was very dramatic here lol. But they had to know cutting that song would upset a lot of people. Again, out of 19 songs it just seemed odd that I was Scared and I'm Sorry was the only song cut from the setlist they have been playing the entire tour. Hearing this song and seeing Tiny Moving Parts were the main reasons I decided to make the 3.5 hour drive to this show. I probably would not be as upset if I was not told the wrong start time to the show (thus missing Tiny Moving Parts). I didn't realize shows end so early in Chicago haha.

I would guess the bulk of TWY fans would be mid-late 20s to early 30s, but perhaps I am wrong. Younger fans do not seem interested in them from my experience. When I saw them with Real Friends last year about half of the crowd (mostly minors) left the show before TWY even played.

7. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

They didn't play it in Billings either, think they've cut it a few times.

8. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Cutting a b-side from a 10-year-old album will not "upset a lot of people." I guarantee you of any non-Sister Cities song, it consistently got the worst reception every single night. Because, again, it's a b-side and a lot of the crowd doesn't know it.

9. johnnyferris Jun 4, 2018
    (Last edited: Jun 4, 2018)
    johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

They played it in Anaheim, but not in Portland

10. Staypositive83

Regular Supporter

Pumped for the show on Friday. Not expecting them to switch up much even though it's two Philly dates.

I would agree that most people wouldn't know "I'm Scared and I'm Sorry". So that's a logical one to cut. Not bummed by the lack of Upsides or Suburbia bc I just can't see how they would sonically fit with the rest of the set, as much as I'd love to hear some of them.

11. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Honestly I’m good with just hearing Sister Cities songs this tour. I wish they were doing the whole album

12. I’m 17 and they’ve been one of my favorite bands since I was around 14. I definitely know their whole catalog but I gravitate towards the 3 most recent albums.

13. Staypositive83

Regular Supporter

I could see this happening in NYC/Philly/Boston/Chicago in fall/winter. Probably after the B market tour.

14. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

TOMORROW!!

15. CTFFEMT93

Regular

This tour isn’t even over and I’m dying for the B market tour to be announced. I just really want a Connecticut date cuz they haven’t been here in three years

16. thisisnotbrianm

Regular

They haven’t done a (public) headlining show in CT since like..2009 I believe? They headlined UNH in 2012 but I don’t count that.
    Really wish they’d come back here.

17. Probably my favorite track of the night, I was at that date.

18. TrailerParkJesus

OG

They never used to play I Was Scared every date of a tour, I was surprised when it seemed like it was going to happen this tour. That song is hard for Soupy to sing. I'm gonna guess that's the reason why it's been cut.

19. neonewwave

sLast night's show in Toronto was nuts. I didn't expect TMP to have that much energy with only 3 people on stage but they more than held their own. Tigers Jaw were great too although I wish they'd play more stuff from their s/t. And The Wonder Years were crazy and super energetic. The crowd went wild the second they played their first riff and didn't let up till the end. Man I love this band

20. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Forgot to post about Pontiac but I had an amazing time. TMP and Tigers Jaw were both great, but for different reasons. The Wonder Years were absolutely fantastic, and I loved the setlist they played. That was the first time I'd see them do a full band set since October 2016, and I completely forgot how much I missed seeing them in that kind of environment.

Joe4th likes this.
  21. CTFFEMT93

Regular

Hard to sing vocal wise or emotion wise? They played it last night in Toronto

22. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

It’s on the high end of Soupys vocal range. Same with a lot of Upsides era stuff. It’s one of the reasons they don’t play songs like Hostels and Brothels anymore.

23. musicfan10

Trusted

What did tigers jaw llay

24. musicfan10

Trusted

Play

25. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

you should learn to use the website setlist.fm for all your setlist needs

joe.boy.fresh. and musicfan10 like this.