Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Wonder Years Stream New Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 3, 2018.

1. Mort Michaels

Father, Son, and House of Gucci

Someone above compared it to The Cure, and that is a more apt description. It is more akin to No Closer, but the songs don't sound nearly as disjointed. This thing really flows together nicely and they try new things that really work for them. I am letting it wash over me. TGG was certainly more immediately satisfying, but I think this is a better album. There is really no semblance of pop punk on here. There is no "I Don't Like Who I Was Back Then."

fredwordsmith and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  2. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

This is both a great explanation and something that ups my anticipation to a 10.

3. Mort Michaels

Father, Son, and House of Gucci

As it stands, I also wouldn't call the title track the worst song on it, but it is sandwiched between two career-best songs. Probably We Look Like Lightening is my least favorite, but the whole thing has grown on me a lot. So that is not to say that I dislike that song.

I really hope you dig it. I have been a long time fan, as well. This one is a grower, but it is worth it to unpack.

4. Thomas Nassiff

i wrote it down for you Verified

will prob toss something on my blog in a week or two. i didn't feel the need to rush to get something up -- have only had it for a couple weeks

CoffeeEyes17 and Colby Searcy like this.
  5. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Please post a link when you do.

6. Thomas Nassiff

i wrote it down for you Verified

most likely will post it in the TWY music forum thread

7. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

I really mean this - your comment helped me prepare for the album in a way that I needed to. If I just took the music at face value, it sounds like a better version of No Closer which I wouldn't have dug as much. Instead, it's immersive.

I think the last song might be the best song they've ever done. It hit me like a tidal wave (no pun intended).