Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Wonder Years - Sister Cities (April 6, 2018) Album • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by JaytotheGee, Jan 29, 2018.

1. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

i mean i doubt they'd print several thousand copies of a 7", probably just a few hundred if that

2. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

Here for it, pretty excited. I'm in the boat that liked NCTH more than most so this one is super highly anticipated.

3. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

This song is basically everything A Song For Patsy Cline was trying to be.

4. Stephen Young

Regular Prestigious

So stoked that after all these years, I'm just as excited about a TWY release and the whole marketing schtick that leads up to it. From the clips I've heard, the new song is so good.

5. cwhit

the marketing schtick is going to be good because they have good people working with them on this record

Morgan, beachdude42 and Kelsey like this.
  6. Blake Solomon

Mr. Emeritus Prestigious

ah interesting, thanks.

7. I vaguely remember someone in the band saying that they didn’t play Cardinals on Warped Tour before the song released officially because they didn’t want people to hear it for the first time through low quality, grainy footage. Am I making that up? If I’m not misremembering that, I can’t imagine they’d go very long without releasing an official version of this song on the 7”.

8. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

Nope, you're right. I was pretty surprised with this rollout because of that too.

9. cwhit

it'll be before the show tomorrow night almost certainly.

Morgan likes this.
  10. Stephen Young

Regular Prestigious

the marketing schtick is going to be good because it's been good every album cycle for nearly a decade, and consistently work with good people on all their records

Morgan likes this.
  11. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

Waiting for HQ version to listen, but I'm cautiously excited.

12. cwhit

i wasn't saying that they haven't before, i just know for this record its especially so

13. dnaps

I will be lurking outside the bar hoping someone lets me in :-p. I tried getting my ticket too late.

14. sirata107

This is when it sucks living in SLC after living near Philly all my life. Missed the Burst & Decay tour and now the Boot & Saddle show. (not to mention Thrice & Circa... not enough tours come through here.) I can't wait for new music and a real deal tour! I'll be traveling for this one.

15. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

If I waited 2 weeks through that shitty leak of NCTH until the album came out then I guess I can hold off from this single

Very tempting to listen to that video though

16. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

I tried to listen to that video last night but it was maximum google drive views exceeded. So that made my decision to wait easier. :P

sonder and Bartek T. like this.
  17. cwhit

i'm just going to tell you all upset about tomorrow, you'd be more upset if you tried to get tickets and failed, it was very very hard and i got lucky when carts emptied

Morgan and jordalsh like this.
  18. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Pretty excited! and as you guys say, they'll probably release it soon enough for the rest of us, unless it's not the proper first lead single to the whole album.

19. Kuri44

20. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

If they released the last track first that would be the worst

CAC3, ALT/MSC/FAN and pauljgreco like this.
  21. That tracklist is based on the order of the Shazam song IDs, I think. I’m skeptical mainly because this song doesn’t strike me as a closer (or an opener).

Kuri44 likes this.
  22. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

All for a 10 track album tho.

sonder, JaytotheGee and pauljgreco like this.
  23. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

Yeah I hate when bands do that in general, but especially with TWY their openers and closers should be listened to on your first full way through the album.

JaytotheGee likes this.
  24. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

At least it would put my mind at ease that the closer will be better than NCTH.

pauljgreco and JaytotheGee like this.
  25. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Gotta say that's probably my least favorite TWY song

JBoch, pauljgreco and Micah511 like this.