Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Wonder Years - Sister Cities (April 6, 2018) Album • Page 221

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by JaytotheGee, Jan 29, 2018.

1. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Makes their music borderline unlistenable at times

nohandstoholdonto likes this.
  2. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

tru

3. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

I thought Suburbia and Generation being their peaks was the consensus opinion.

irthesteve, BigMouth and btr like this.
  4. Soupy’s voice has improved a ton since the band started and yeah, I wish he wouldn’t do the crying affectation so much. I didn’t mind it in Aaron West because it did feel like a character choice and helped tell that story, but I def find it distracting on a lot of the newer stuff. He’s got the pipes, just let them belt baby!

I also listened to Sister Cities in full for the first time in probably almost two years tonight and liked it a lot more than when it first came out. There’s always going to be a small nostalgic part of me that wants the style of the first couple albums, but after this listen I’m fully down and excited to see what they pull off next.

(and hopefully whatever they do next is mixed and mastered better than the last couple albums, ope)

5. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

honestly downloaded Sister Cities like three times cos I thought I was getting low-quality transcodes, but nope. album just sounds like it was mastered in 128kbps

6. Steeeve Perry

Trusted

Some days I still like The Upsides just as much tbh. I always think of it as being kinda juvenile but then I re-listen and it hits right.
    Soupy's Upsides voice > Soupy's cry-singing voice

7. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I recall doing the same, haha

8. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

[​IMG]

9. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

I wonder if they'll ever release the archival LP from the Upsides/Suburbia boxset digitally?

I get it's part of a set they specifically made for vinyl and all, but it sucks if I never get to hear it because I was broke when the boxset dropped :/

Bartek T. likes this.
  10. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

3F51A9E4-02B5-437D-815E-B692031112D9.jpeg

11. seanxwilliams

Scar crossed lovers, forever

Damn you Adele!

12. LosManosFuertes

Love This Place Supporter

Are vinyl sales like essential these days as far as return on investments go? I guess I still think of them as a novelty or what have you, not something that would hold up the release of music. Ignorance for sure on my part.

13. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

For some acts it's the only way to guarantee good first week sales.

But past that, pure novelty.

14. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

TWY sells a big enough percentage of vinyl for it to definitely be part of their plans. Plus they wanna do the anniversary tour in the spring anyways. it works out.

beachdude and smowashere like this.
  15. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

I wonder if they bring Fireworks out and that album finally comes out. That was the rumor before COVID hit.

16. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

the dream

17. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

I’d be shocked if they didn’t bring fireworks for this anniversary tour

18. Getting to see those bands together again would just be really rad. One of my favorite tours ever was the TGG tour with both of them on it.

19. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

Can we get MoBo instead? Asking for a friend.

20. why not all 3? go ahead, make my dreams

21. Unless something has changed in the last month, Fireworks is not on this

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  22. Give me the TWY/Spanish Love Songs/Pool Kids tour that I missed by one day because of the pandemic, and add Future Teens to make it perfect.

US Camera likes this.
  23. Staypositive83

Regular Supporter

Are they doing both in one night. That would be preferred over two nights. I’m too old for two nights.

24. Pretty sure it's going to be both in one night from what they've hinted at.

25. It’s both in one night yeah