Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Wonder Years - Sister Cities (April 6, 2018) Album • Page 214

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by JaytotheGee, Jan 29, 2018.

1. Eclipse

Regular

Also, though I'm not 100% sure how it's working, the poster makes it seem like its a coheadliner where mayday will probably close/get the encore but they're playing a similar set in length?

Jake W and pauljgreco like this.
  2. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

What an outrageously obnoxious last couple pages here. Damn.

Let the band do what they want. And let people listen to what they want.

3. emojedi

Trusted

TIL Wonder Years fans are kinda stuck up

4. leerkat

relentlessly nosy bastard

A Microwave/TWY or a All Get Out/TWY tour is my definition of perfect

LessThanTrevor and Zac Djamoos like this.
  5. leerkat

I think these bands have more problems than just being bland or cookie cutter

6. Jamie Dagg

Master of not knowing what the hell I'm doing.

Just gonna weigh in here and say that Mayday and The Wonder Years are arguably bigger than Manchester Orchestra and definitely bigger than Thrice in the UK. Even if they're better bands they sit in the weird place over here where they're too small to co-headline or even headline outright but too revered to support The Wonder Years. Haven't really checked out much Mayday stuff recently but sizewise they're the perfect fit for this kind of tour.

Eclipse, leerkat and Jake W like this.
  7. leerkat

Dan and Alison are having a baby!!

8. LosManosFuertes

Love This Place Supporter

Beat me to it! Such great news. Love how matter of fact he was about it too haha. “Ready to get going” made me chuckle a bit.

summertimejesus likes this.
  9. summertimejesus

Birds and Guitar

I don’t know how to link to IG from here but Dan is expecting his first child with his wife Alison and I’m so happy for them!! He posted a lovely announcement today.

10. They're not OPENING for Mayday either. Coheadliner my dudes.

Contender, pauljgreco and Jake W like this.
  11. CAC3

Dog

I can easily say TWY are one of my five favorite bands of all-time. I instantly connected with all their early albums, until NCTH. NCTH took about a year for me to really connect with the album, but now I find it to be what I return to most often. I was also disappointed that Sister Cities didn't really hit with me right away, but now, months after the release, I finally am returning to the album frequently. Now I am unsure if Sister Cities fits the fall better, or if it just feels that way because this time of year is when I'm really consuming the album.

pauljgreco likes this.
  12. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

its going to be difficult to not have this as my favorite album of the year if only because of what its helping me deal with. my grandmother is slowly deteriorating due mostly to early stages of Alzheimer's. its hard to see and its even harder watching my mom and aunts struggle with accepting the fact that my memaw just isnt the same anymore. one of my aunts is currently battling cancer and my grandmother keeps having to be reminded that shes dealing with that. songs like Raining in Kyoto and Ghosts Of Right Now or lyrics like "you move gently off the sore spots, i can see that youre in pain. everything left in the light here long enough is someday gonna fade" have brought me a lot of teary-eyed moments of comfort and sorrow.

13. DesolateEarth

Birb

Finally listening to this. Halfway through it and I love it so far. Why did I waste 6 months not listening to this?

leerkat likes this.
  14. DesolateEarth

Birb

And the rest is fantastic. What an album.

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  15. dotKev

@dotkevin

Can confirm. Great fall album.

monrovian, Kelsey, Joe4th and 2 others like this.
  16. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

Fuck me. The vinyl is back in stock on an awesome varient. Just went to buy it.

$65 for the vinyl and $63 shipping to the UK. Think I'm good for now.

17. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

18. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

19. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

AWasteOfATime likes this.
  20. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

The book is so cool, awesome deluxe edition for my favorite record of the year. If you love the record, I recommend it.

21. Pepetito

Trusted Supporter

cause they make good music.

22. Pepetito

Trusted Supporter

That album is awesome?

23. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

galaxy brain move: defending TSSF by responding to posts that are months old

24. FrankieThe4th Oct 19, 2018
    (Last edited: Oct 19, 2018)
    FrankieThe4th

things have never been stranger Prestigious

love to be 33 years old and defending the physical abuse of young women

Carrow likes this.
  25. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

The girl wasn't a minor.