The Wonder Years / Real Friends / Knuckle Puck / Moose Blood / Seaway Tour • Page 22

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Aug 14, 2016.

1. Anna Acosta

Listen to Staircase Spirits. Moderator

There are a lot of sociological and economical factors here but the short answer is no, they're not given the same chance, and this is by the crowds as much as by the promoters. Female bands are by and large held to a much higher standard than their male counterparts, and a lot of that comes from the assumptions people carry about them that can color the viewing/listening experience.

And again, discrimination doesn't have to be intentional. It often is subliminal. That's why it's so dangerous and hard to "prove" but as a woman in a band, yes - it's harder for us.

lightning13 likes this.
  2. Anna Acosta

Listen to Staircase Spirits. Moderator

Please do not presume to tell me what I think. Holding up one rare pop-punk tour opened for by a band with a woman that didn't yield a great payout for the band in question is a weird and kind of condescending thing to do. It's a numbers game - of course it won't always work. Opening on a tour guarantees nothing - THAT is gender notwithstanding. You up the odds when you up the numbers, and frankly your response had little to do with what I said in the first place (which is that nobody is advocating for the inclusion of female musicians based solely on the gender).

lightning13 and Joe4th like this.
  3. DrAlanGrant

Texas Forever

Anyone have an extra ticket for the Philly show?

4. Kristen

Regular

That would be amazing!

Just an FYI not all female musicians are singers. For example I'm the drummer in my band and we are a male fronted band. Not meant to be snarky, just saying.

Turkeylegz likes this.
  5. DrAlanGrant

Texas Forever

Desperate!!

6. marsvoltamcr

Trusted

TWY need to incorporate more beatdowns into their music.

GEM37 and DrAlanGrant like this.
  7. ADayToFall

"Are you buried alive?"

TWY/Knocked Loose/Kublai Khan tour. Make it happen.

redwing91007 likes this.
  8. Skoke

Regular

No females in any of those bands, though.

btr likes this.
  9. ADayToFall

"Are you buried alive?"

Fine, TWY/Code Orange/Knocked Loose/Kublai Khan

GEM37 likes this.
  10. Skoke

Regular

Now that's a tour I can fully support

11. DrAlanGrant

Texas Forever

Bump. Last time. Anyone know of any extra tickets?!!

12. Frobert

Regular

There are 2 on StubHub for $50.

13. DrAlanGrant

Texas Forever

Bit the bullet and picked one of those up!