Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Wonder Years / Real Friends / Knuckle Puck / Moose Blood / Seaway Tour • Page 18

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Aug 14, 2016.

1. kelseyleigh

Trusted Supporter

I'm be in to this mostly because I always enjoy both of these bands live.

2. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

I've wanted to see The Menzingers tour with The Wonder Years for a while now. Could also see them opening for TBS, or coheadlining with Bayside, maybe?

Also really wanted to see them coheadline with the Front Bottoms back when Talon of the Hawk came out, but I think that seems further and further in the rear view as time goes on.

3. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

They actually would be solid support for TBS

4. tyler2tall

Trusted Supporter

I feel like people will be hesitant to see TBS again after their last tour.

5. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I feel like TBS has that kind of cult following that will always go see them. Although their last Cleveland show did terribly but I feel like on the next run (which isn't with TWY) it'll probably be fine.

I also think TWY should do some underplays

collin512 likes this.
  6. nicksteinborn

The Wonder Years Verified

FWIW, we've tried Menz and TFB in the past and timelines just didn't match up. TFB are honestly probably bigger than us now anyway so RIP that. We won't be touring for a minute after this so who knows what we'll end up doing. It will definitely be a little different.

Anthony_D'Elia, Joe4th, cwhit and 3 others like this.
  7. nicksteinborn

I swear we're trying. I've also wanted to tour with Laura forever. We had so much fun in the UK with her.

Joe4th and Kristen like this.
  8. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

oh I trust you nick, haha. I don't know if you're friends with carly from slingshot Dakota but she made a very interesting FB post after the menzingers tour was announced. Some good stuff in there
    I get it's the booking agents a large majority of the time, especially with bands of your size. Not trying to call "you" out, but this tour in particular is super disappointing for how singular the lineup is, bunch of pop punk dudes. always dig you guys as you know, but yeah, at this point I have no interest in going to a tour like this

9. nicksteinborn

This tour was planned to be something different, but like 5 bands were unavailable. RF had something planned and our routings lined up in multiple markets so we joined tours to make something happen. All the bands were lined up on both ends. We'd also prefer to not do 5 band bills anymore. It's just how it all worked out this fall.

Contender, MegT585 and cwhit like this.
  10. Guys Named Todd

Regular Prestigious

If The Wonder Years could tour with Into It Over It again that's really all I need right there. Maybe we could throw Prawn and You Blew It in the mix and...yeah, okay I just picked the last 4 bands I listened to today. How cool would that be, though?

collin512 likes this.
  11. ALT/MSC/FAN

Oh, for sure. When I mentioned the other bands, it was mostly just to throw ideas out there and create discussion in the forum. Definitely wasn't trying to complain, sour grapes, etc. In all honesty, every time I've seen the Wonder Years live since my first time in 2011, there's always been at least 1-2 other bands on the lineup I've been excited to see too - often times it's every band. Not only that, but my two biggest wishlist coheadliners for the band, hand to God, were Motion City Soundtrack and Letlive, so seeing both of those come to fruition was so awesome. You all definitely know yourselves well, and I know it's probably difficult trying to please everyone, having fans in the Warped Tour-crowd, the older punk crowd, the pop-rock crowd, etc.

No matter what, I'll keep coming, and so many others will too. I have a friend that's gone to this current tour at least seven different times, with possibly two more times on the horizon, so I think that's important to keep in mind too.

EDIT: One other thing - after what happened in 2015, would you ever do Warped Tour again?

Contender likes this.
  12. ADayToFall

A home like yours is upside down

What happened again? Just asking

and adding my input, I am a firm believer TWY will pull out a big, diverse tour in the near future.

13. ALT/MSC/FAN

Front Porch Step playing in Nashville.

14. ADayToFall

A home like yours is upside down

15. nicksteinborn

I think a lot of people neglect the fact that bands have to accept the offers that a headliner sends. We can send an offer out to Springsteen all we want, but he's never going to accept it. We've sent offers out to more diverse bands that have said no for any of a multitude of reasons. Sometimes they're busy. Sometimes they feel it's not the right tour at that time. We can't please everyone.

Doubt we'd do Warped again. It's just not really what we want to do anymore. We like being able to decide who we tour with and not pooping in plastic death toilets.

16. cwhit

Bring out Jeniferever

17. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Curious about that FB post

18. IATAvalanche

Regular

My fav show was TEN/TWY/Swellers/Young Statues. 4 very different, but also very entertaining bands. I loved every second of that show.

Joe4th and joe.boy.fresh. like this.
  19. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

That tour was really great

20. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

I felt so bad for TEN at the NYC show when most of the crowd left after TWY. TEN maybe played for 100 people (venue was close to, if not, selling out 1,000 tickets)

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  21. ALT/MSC/FAN

That tour was awesome - it came through Bled Fest in 2012 and all the bands were great.

EDIT: Also, I miss Young Statues. I wish Carmen was able to tour more, but he has a child (maybe two?) now. Also, I miss The Swellers.

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  22. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

This is my nightmare, tours "coming through" Bled Fest. The Early November headlined a tour a couple years ago with Lydia that did that, so they ended up playing Bled Fest for 25 minutes instead of a proper MI headline show.

The Early November hasn't headlined a show in MI since and I fear I will never get a proper set from them, lol.

Also, everyone misses the Swellers. I'd love to have them back. Just got Good for Me on vinyl, very happy to finally have it.

smowashere likes this.
  23. BelieF

Regular

TGG tour with Citizen and modern baseball? "Bad pop punk bands"? LOL now I'll at least agree they can fall under pop punk but bad? Please respond

24. cwhit

Modern Baseball is a pop punk band and yes during that tour they were bad. On the new record they finally got respectable, but the records before this were cheesy as hell

Citizen used to be a pop punk band but decided to go boring nu-grunge, they are a bad band, youth was hooky but just not interesting, the new one they decided to do some interesting music things but forgot how to write a hook.

There you go.

25. ALT/MSC/FAN

Now that you mention it, I don't think they have... The only other two times they've done Michigan since reuniting outside of Bled Fest was opening for Bayside in Grand Rapids and opening for Taking Back Sunday this summer.