Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Wonder Years / Real Friends / Knuckle Puck / Moose Blood / Seaway Tour • Page 16

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Aug 14, 2016.

1. Turkeylegz

Trusted

Really good. He was pretty charged about Trump. It was a pretty standard fare setlist without any real back catalog songs before Greatest Generation.

2. Jonny Sniper

Trusted

Is Seaway still not playing Sabrina?

3. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

It was solid. I don't think anyone is really missing out on much on this tour if you've seen them on the NCTH cycle already. I've seen them headline 4 times since it's been released and the sets have been pretty much the same besides the NCTH songs being switched up.

The lights and production on this tour are really great though. Matt is also pulling out his drum a lot and a lot of the songs especially Palm Reader sound awesome with the double drum kit.

I want to see them get an awesome slot on some upcoming tour because I can't remember the last time I saw them support.

4. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Nope, I don't think they will on this tour. Not playing anything from Hoser either

5. SkyGrowsBigger

Regular

They likely won't. Thought we might get it in Toronto, with it being a hometown show and them having a slightly longer set due to Knuckle Puck not playing. No dice.

6. SPine

Trusted

Yeah this would have been the 3rd time seeing TWY in the theater. The first time for the greatest generation tour was so special when they sold it out, saw the TWY/MCS tour there last year so I didn't have much incentive to go this time. Saw Seaway in May and KP at the State Champs/ Neck Deep show in Feb and when they headlined the ballroom last November.

7. Skoke

Regular

I really wanted to go last night but couldn't because of work and the traffic from the Indians game. This makes me feel a little better

8. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

That first theater show really was special. Last year was good, it was awesome seeing the NCTH songs for the first time. But yeah all the openers were around a lot recently

9. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Tonight was fun! Seaway was good, Moose Blood was awesome, Knuckle Puck really surprised me, Real Friends was good and The Wonder Years were awesome as always.

Turkeylegz and kelseyleigh like this.
  10. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

was trying to find my post in here that said that would happen and people disagreed but guess that was for the tour with state champs, lol
    kids are far more into the new generation of pop punk as compared to TWY

11. ALT/MSC/FAN

I talked to my friend last night and the show sold about 1,600. The venue has a 2,500 capacity.

12. kidinthebushes

Trusted

That's not very good. This would have been a dream tour of mine.

13. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I wish TWY would tour with some more diverse bands

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  14. fluffyjdawg

Regular

Oh, wow. I was at the show last night and it was packed. The balcony was closed I believe though. But it's still hard to imagine cramming another 900 people into that space.

Well, they did tour with Letlive. recently. But I agree with you. 5 pop-punk bands in a row is too many. Overall I had a great time at this show and TWY were amazing, but it did drag on. Seaway was pretty good and Moose blood was great. Knuckle Puck was alright, but they're a bit too generic for my tastes. And holy shit did Real Friends suck. Plus the singer tries really hard to be cool. I don't get their appeal at all. Every song sounds the same and uses similar lyrics. This show would have been a lot better if Moose Blood and Knuckle Puck had longer sets with no Real Friends IMO.

Joe4th likes this.
  15. kelseyleigh

Trusted Supporter

I wonder if that capacity includes the balcony which was closed. I was thinking it didn't seemed packed, but I wasn't on the very main floor where it seemed much fuller.

16. ALT/MSC/FAN

Yeah, I'm sure that was including the balcony, which probably holds a couple hundred more people. Honestly, that venue wasn't really suitable for that show. I wish it'd been at The Crofoot, which would have definitely sold out well before the show.

smowashere likes this.
  17. nicksteinborn

The Wonder Years Verified

Walk out is a pretty normal thing for any tour. It's expected that some fans of the other bands won't necessarily stay for the headliner. This isn't a new or uncommon concept. Just like people left after us and SYG on the PPND tour years ago.

The room still hasn't been anywhere close to awkward during our sets so lol I guess.

Our deal sheets say 2000 is the cap. That's usually a fluid thing depending on the show though.

18. nicksteinborn

The Wonder Years Verified

We've been trying. Things just didn't line up for some of the bands we originally asked on this one. Still happy to be out with good friends.

19. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I appreciate that! Still always a great time seeing you guys.

20. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

well yeah, i know that. but i think that leaving after you and SYG is saying the same thing as i did, the generational gap that exists there. there's definitely some sort of gap between you guys and some of the newer bands, you're pretty much "scene dad" at this point haha. not a bad thing, just an observation, i know in other conversations people didn't agree with that statement

21. Morgan

Morgan

I doubt it will ever happen, but I've been dreaming of TWY, and a Ghost Inside tour when they return.
    Their tour with letlive. was amazing.

22. ADayToFall

A home like yours is upside down

If you don't wanna answer this question, its ok, but can you share what bands you wanted to take out on this headliner originally?

23. ALT/MSC/FAN

Gotcha, that makes sense. My friend told me 2,500, but that's probably including the balcony, which is usually only open for sit down shows, like comedy and REALLY big stuff.

24. IATAvalanche

Regular

I enjoyed the show in Toronto, but I was kind of bummed they just pushed the start of the show back and didnt give the bands much more time.

Real Friends are not for me. Did not enjoy them at all. Really missed Knuckle Puck, never seen em. Moose Blood was surprisingly good, I really enjoyed them. Seaway was great, wished there was a bit of hoser tho.

I preferred the first TWY show of the cycle last October w/ State Champs, You Blew It!, and I think we had Shane Todd play a quick acoustic set.

25. kidinthebushes

Trusted

I thought this tour was almost over. There is still a month left! I guess it seems like it's been going on forever since there is no Chicago date.