Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Wonder Years/Free Throw/Spanish Love Songs/Pool Kids Tour • Page 5

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by ItsAndrew, Nov 18, 2019.

1. Tyler Williams

Lunch_Tray625

That set would have been damn near perfect for me.

2. J12

Trusted Supporter

Spanish Love Songs headliner with Future Teens and Dollar Signs shortly after this tour ends:

Will be hitting up Boston for sure.

3. HalfHearted

Regular

Open dates are probably cities they haven't played yet on the current tour with The Wonder Years?

4. J12

Trusted Supporter

Yep, for sure. They said this on-sale is just round one.

HalfHearted likes this.
  5. HalfHearted

Regular

Cool - Thank you.

6. Xpertguy5

Trusted

Hope a socal date is one of those last few that are hidden

7. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

I have to assume that as a Los Angeles band they won't skip over SoCal. If they do, I'll be super bummed.

8. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

they wont

9. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Hey real quick is Free throw before SLS?

10. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

free throw is direct support

11. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

12. shawnesty23

Regular

They haven’t played Philly yet tho but maybe bc it’s already sold out it doesn’t matter

theasteriskera likes this.
  13. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Anyone got the name of the 2nd to last pool kids song? Cause that is one of my favorite drum fills ever now

14. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Ours got cut short because 3/5 of the band were visibly sick :(

15. Jdaniels

Regular

I'm socially awkward. I hope I can meet friends at the show tonight. I feel like every wonder years show I go alone and have fun but never make a friend.

16. CuttingMyFingersOff

Trusted

Assuming one of those first dates are a Chicago date, that's a quick turn after a March 15th show. Also interested in the venue they're playing...

17. Cobra Lounge is my best guess, and that April weekend is open on their calendar. I'd bet they'll have no trouble selling well on a month's notice, considering their last show there did well and I fully expected them to move up to SubT on their next headliner.

I guess they could also announce it earlier if the TWY show sells out.

18. CuttingMyFingersOff

Trusted

Yeah my first thought was Beat Kitchen but it'll probably be a Riot Fest production and I don't think they do much with BK. I saw Dollar Signs headline CL a year and a half ago and it was like 40-50% full so I'm interested to see how this does if that's where they end up.

19. I know it’s not Kickstand, which doesn’t completely rule out SubT/BK but makes it less likely. Cobra does feel small for this tour the more I think about it, but Bottom Lounge feels too big. That’s about it for likely venues in their size/scene, unless they take it outside the city to Brauerhouse or something.

20. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Probably wouldn't happen because I'm guessing the show will be all ages but the Empty Bottle would be a good sized venue for them to play. Not sure if it's bigger than Cobra but it sure feels like it is. Sleeping Village would also be a good size but not possible if it's an all ages show.

21. Oddly enough, I’ve never been to Empty Bottle, despite buying tickets to multiple shows there over the years that I ended up having to sell. Sleeping Village would be a good fit though.

22. CuttingMyFingersOff

Trusted

I've been to the Empty Bottle, not sleeping Village, but EB seems too small. Honestly, Schubas or BK would be a good fit. CL seems a bit small too. We'll just have to wait and see.

23. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Schubas is smaller than any of the venues being mentioned. It fits less than 200 people I believe.

24. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I like the Empty Bottle. My only issue is they start their shows late (usually 9, or 10 if it’s a weekend) so it can be a late night there, but otherwise it’s cool. You can see from pretty much anywhere and they have a set of long width stairs you can sit on or stand on for a better view.

25. J12

Trusted Supporter

For reference, the Boston venue is ONCE, which has about a 300 cap. Hope it does well, being a home show for Future Teens and all.